No announcement yet.

89BG 323's worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was on a veilside FD rx7 that my buddy imported from the isles of JDM land a few years ago. for some reason when he sold it for parts (no title) he kept it. when i saw it kickin around in his shop i was like "I WANT", and his response was "happy birthday."
    loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
    73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
    sigpic

Comment

mmm plush black carpet lol, nice shift knob too, I would have scooped it up as well!
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

dug up some more pictures

doing the clutch a month or so ago, it finally getting a wash, and a turbo i picked up for it... :D And then one from the other day driving to seattle, with my new guages. w00t!
        Attached Files

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
        sigpic

Comment

*approves* lol
          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Dam, thats a big turbo! (at least the pic of it is!) lol
            Looking pretty sweet!
            94 pro base model, all synthetic fluids, s/r struts, front & rear ebay upper strut bars,front & rear tie bar, ZX2 1" front swaybar, EGT 21mm rear sway bar, custom delrin endlinks front & rear, custom delrin rear swaybar mount bushings, EBC front blanks & redstuff pads, CS ss brake lines & dot 4 fluid, big drum brakes in rear (from ZX2, free parts), 2.25 custom exaust w/magnaflo oval muffler, 4-wire o2 sensor, custom ram-air, 4-wire BP tb, MSD super conducter plug wires, MSD Blaster SS coil, NGK iridiums,OEM weighted shift knob, ebay short shifter, bronzoil bushings, CS ss clutch line, custom air splitter, mx-3 recaro drivers seat, EGT foglight switch, 35w 5000k hi/lo hid's

soon:
            lightened flywheel & clutch; in garage,
            Miata Daisy's; after new tires

Comment

yeah i know, looking thru the posts on this page and then i got to the pics and i was like "HOLY RESIZE, BATMAN!!"
              lol.
              but yeah its actually a pretty small turbo, just a standard fare T25 from a VG30 (300zx).
              but it has a fresh rebuild.
              miata guys use them quite a bit, so i was thinking about picking up a miata bp turbo mani/header that it'll fit up to. then just getting the bp26 injectors and ecu, and there ya have it.
              Last edited by 89BG 323; 04-22-2011, 12:31 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Smaller spools quicker anyway doesn't it?
                Sounds like a nice setup you got planned. Should go well with that head.
                94 pro base model, all synthetic fluids, s/r struts, front & rear ebay upper strut bars,front & rear tie bar, ZX2 1" front swaybar, EGT 21mm rear sway bar, custom delrin endlinks front & rear, custom delrin rear swaybar mount bushings, EBC front blanks & redstuff pads, CS ss brake lines & dot 4 fluid, big drum brakes in rear (from ZX2, free parts), 2.25 custom exaust w/magnaflo oval muffler, 4-wire o2 sensor, custom ram-air, 4-wire BP tb, MSD super conducter plug wires, MSD Blaster SS coil, NGK iridiums,OEM weighted shift knob, ebay short shifter, bronzoil bushings, CS ss clutch line, custom air splitter, mx-3 recaro drivers seat, EGT foglight switch, 35w 5000k hi/lo hid's

soon:

Comment

yeah, smaller spools quicker, but it also will make less boost.
                  but im alright by that, as i like carving corners more than straight line savagery.

sigpic

Comment

Mmmmm, corners! gotta love 'em! lol
                    I mite be the same way if ya couldn't tell, since I've done way more to my suspension than anything else. And I'm still not done!

soon:

Comment

pics from the rear disc conversion!

went pretty smoothly, apart from a rusted bolt on the rear trailing arm on the passenger side that made my life hard. and by rusted, i mean it has no threads, and the bolt is now a 15 mm, instead of a 17mm. luckily for me, this is tho only area or rust on my car! w00t!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by 89BG 323; 05-02-2011, 06:51 PM. Reason: buggered up the title.

sigpic

Comment

Dam! Now I gotta upgrade my brakes to! (can't let ya get to far ahead of me!) lol
                        My next upgrade will be in the front tho, ZX2 fronts. They're the same as LX fronts, and they were free.
                        What pads are you using?

soon:

Comment

what was in the calipers when i got them from the junkyard. im not sure what brand they are, but they were brand spankin ass new. you can still see the spray on part numbers on the outside edge of the pad. and they work rather well. dont put out much dust at all either. i like em. really wish i knew what they were.

sigpic

Comment

If you had a good pic of the pads, maybe somebody on here would recognize them. Mite be worth a shot.
                            I like EBC brakes, love the Redstuff on my car now. Very little dust, great braking cold without being touchy, add some heat and they really work great. Long lasting and real easy on the rotors to.

soon:

Comment

huh. might be worth a shot. next time im back there ill snap a pic. oh yeah, and i tore the 5th gear housing off my trans, and it seems that the shift fork for 5th snapped. badly. and in the bottom of the housing, there is a tar like substance with a very high aluminum content. wonder what it used to be? lol. but on the flipside, i bought gambit's old f series today, so imma finish stuffing that in there when i wake up.

sigpic

Comment

OUCH!!
                                At least you got anouther one easy.

soon:

Comment

Working...
                                X