Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow/ice sucks

Comment

Yeah. What pisses me off though is that the PO told me some big story about how he had to replace the rear mounts when he did the struts but by what I see of where it broke that clearly wasn't the case.

Comment

Yeah, my PO told me he had replaced the distributor too but from what I can see all he did was take it apart and screw with it. He seemed like a real cheap ass person, he couldn't even buy a new PCV valve for $3, instead he just wrapped tape around it. I really need new struts too but I really don't care right now. They were so blown they fell down on their own lol.

Comment

Carnage pic.

Got the new one installed but managed to knock the hand brake spring bracket off we'll using the hammer to position and re-install the new strut. Had to come up with a creative solution.

Also noticed some soft spots in floor have gotten worse over the winter. I don't she's going to make it through inspection come October.

Comment

So yesterday when I left school (last exam of univeristy, ****ing done!) my radio and acc **** wouldn't work. I took it home and tried the spare fuse form the fuse box cover, didn't help. Went to my dad's to help him install a new strut and grabbed a fuse while I was there because I wasn't sure if the one form the cover may have been blown to begin with. Tried the new one and things were working then suddenly smoke was pouring out of the steering column. I managed to blow the little fire out through the hole in the bottom of the column casing. Took the cover off and it was my tach wires that had melted. Luckily it seemed to be all that was damaged so I just pulled it all out and the car seems to be fine. Couldn't find anywhere they had been rubbing or anything so I'm not really sure what happened there. Jut going to live without it for now.

Comment

Tach that you installed ? Or factory tach? Either way this is why we solder and secure wiring. Loose connections get hot with power flowing through them. Glad you caught it while you deal with it instead of @ 60 mph

Sent from my iPhone5
              using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah definitely glad it happened in the driveway

It was a small aftermarket tach I installed and had sitting on the shelf in front of the cluster. I soldered all of the joints and wrapped them in electrical tape then zip tied them to interior panels either side of the join to keep them out of the way of moving stuff. So I'm not really sure what happened.

There was one place where I ran two wires in to one, it was the power wire and the light wire. Other then that I think I did everything by the book so to speak.

Comment

Working...
                X