No announcement yet.

Scorch3's 91 DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man. I wasn't totally sure on them but now that they're on I really like them. I think they need some bronze paint in the near future though. The tires are hard as rock all seasons, little grip and they squeal like crazy. Wish I could afford better but they do the job, more fun to drive a slow car fast as they say...

Comment

looks clean!
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Good progress..looks good ...

Comment

Thanks guys.

Man this car is fun now that everything is working right all at once. Going to try and find some time to do what i can with the peeling clear coat and rock chips now that its mechanically sound. I know most panels basically need to be repainted but hopefully I can find a way to just make them less unsightly.

Comment

95ish gti wheels? I had a set of those on my civic.
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Guy said they were off a 94 Golf he used to have. Might of been a gti though he never said.

Comment

Put a new battery in as it was having trouble starting on cold days. Cured the problem but its going to need an alternator soon too. Battery light comes on sitting in rush hour traffic with accessories on. Anyone know if a BJ FSDE alt would work? I happen to have a nearly new one around.

Also found a soft spot in the floor in the typical spot, feels like it'll be a hole soon. Plus a 2 inch crack appeared in the base of the windshield. Starting to think the car isn't worth all the trouble but I'm so close to graduating theres no way I'm buying a new car now.

Comment

looks clean.... did you put teflon tape on the flywheel bolts? they usually leak oil from there...
                  323 log-http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44611

Comment

No, I had no idea about that. No problems yet though so hopefully it'll stay that way.

Comment

it wont piss out the oil, but that little bit of oil can kill you clutch faster
                      323 log-http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44611

Comment

****ty. Maybe I'll crack here back open over break and take care of it.

Comment

if you used locktite you'll be fine. but putting them back in dry is no good.
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Oh sweet, we used loctite. Glad to hear that, definitely don't want to have to do that again anytime soon.

Comment

Comment

I've had a ****ty month for this car.

I hit some ice on a roundabout hungover and just out of bed. I couldn't recover about a month back. Ended up just doing my best to go over the curb with my wheels straight and tried not to hit anything. Luckily only hit the mirror on a sign post, needs new glass but the case was alright. I put a plastic mirror thing in temporarily but its already foggy and distorted.

I hit a piece of concrete camouflaged in a dirty snowbank the other day. Car started making a funny noise which culminated in the destruction of the rear pass strut mount. I limped her home to my parents and borrowed my brothers car for a bit. I grabbed a new mount and am planning to fix it tomorrow evening.

Can't wait to be done thesis so I can pay some attention to this thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X