Ahura's DOHC - Check it out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh year! rotor!
    i have to find the engine and "some other parts" first, get some pick up or van, and take the whole thing to the expirienced japanese mechanic! However, i would like to watch the swap myself, who knows, maybe one day i will have the expirience and tools to do it!
    One day you are born,
    The next big milestone
    you discover go zoom-zoom
    you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

He is Canadian of course theres beer in that cup lol, Looks liek the swap is going well did you guys try to start it yet ?

Comment

Sweet, I'll have a team helping for my swap Lot's of beer to go around I'm shooting for sometime over the summer
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by itzkcatz
          He is Canadian of course theres beer in that cup lol, Looks liek the swap is going well did you guys try to start it yet ?
          actually i am a fan of the rum and McD's coke. I am taking my sweet time with the wiring. _someone_ asked for a how too, so there is lots of work, stop take pic, have a smoke, do a little more work, break something, fix it, take a picture, ect...

The dohc will be started tonight
          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
          So his engine he goosed
          With much too much boost,
          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

keep us updated. i'm picking up a 94 dx and might do the same swap
            Current Cars
            94 DX, 97 Corolla
            Past Cars 92 LX(CDN), 89 CIVIC DX, 93 Teg, 93 MX-3

Comment

we're off to dry crank her..... no fuel, no spark. (prevent hydrolock, and clean any **** out, hopefully).

then in about 5 minutes....
              we turn her over

pray for Ahura's Flame, that we are successful!

So his engine he goosed

Comment

w00t! Let us know! I can't wait.
                2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

well she runs, but she be a wee bit sick. We are pulling a CEL for codes 3, 9, and 41.

41, well we lack a VICS solenoid, so that was expected
                  9, well we knew the harness for the ECTS was not the best, and we aready suspected a broken wire in that harness
                  3, well, i have not idea why we are pulling a disty G code. i think the wiring i used was of too small a diameter, or we have a break in the wire.

but other than that the caridles at 2500, bit that is probably due to the ECTS code. and we think/know the timming is way off. also the new plugs need to be gapped.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
                    Sweet, I'll have a team helping for my swap Lot's of beer to go around I'm shooting for sometime over the summer
                    hey buddy, i'm a complete jackass when it comes to anything more complicated than changing an alternator/brake shoes.. but i live in pa, i want to get drunk.. can i join ya when you do a swap??

peace

Comment

Originally posted by demoninvictus
                      hey buddy, i'm a complete jackass when it comes to anything more complicated than changing an alternator/brake shoes.. but i live in pa, i want to get drunk.. can i join ya when you do a swap??

peace
                      hey if you guys need help, hollar. i dont know my scedual, but if i can make it, ( might need some help in the gas/beer money area. but i will help.

and Kevin, dude no worries, things are simple in small steps. think of an engine swap as a 300step process try to jump steps and you will fall down, tkat it easy, take your time, and a swap is quite easy.

also for swaps i highly recomend you guy a 128+ compartment tackle box, for bolts. organization is key, to the reassembly. believe me, organize and label the bolts you pull!!!

So his engine he goosed

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
                        well she runs, but she be a wee bit sick. We are pulling a CEL for codes 3, 9, and 41.

41, well we lack a VICS solenoid, so that was expected
                        9, well we knew the harness for the ECTS was not the best, and we aready suspected a broken wire in that harness
                        3, well, i have not idea why we are pulling a disty G code. i think the wiring i used was of too small a diameter, or we have a break in the wire.

but other than that the caridles at 2500, bit that is probably due to the ECTS code. and we think/know the timming is way off. also the new plugs need to be gapped.
                        well, well, 6 hours swap! damn thats fast! i did mine for 2 days i'd say 12 hrs. when i had the motor in i was having a problem big time. it wouldn't start. i was working on it for 4 hours changing my starter, clutch switch etc...anyways after pushstarting it to work i remember my alarm has a kill start so i tried to install it and everything worked fine (duh) I didn't get anycode no engine light on but my rpm was at 2,500 too but thats bcuz of my pcv vacuum line wasn't hooked up. (vacuum leak) maybe u guys have a lil vacuum leak somewhere.

and for the record! i used my 323 wiring harness but did a modification on it cuz as y'all know 323 dont come w/ VICS. i have to cut and get the wire from the lx distributor ign., the VICS wire that i ran on a seperate wire it goes straight to the ecu. ( thats a tip for all of u thats going to do the swap) ahh wut else...i cant remember but i know i modified 2 wires that goes stragiht from the engine to the ecu.

Comment

I stayed until midnight i was waiting for you to come! I just now got home. hehehhhhhhhhhh d'oh!
                          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

You know what man. i really wanted to meet you. but as fate would have it thing just didnt work out. i also really wanted to see Darryl too. We did toss around the idea that he would come down to El Cajon and see me but things never panned out. a big bummer, but hey life goes on. my cali trip was not a loss thought. Dave's car is now a Dohc, and i got to escape a snow and ice storm. i really wish so people would have made an 1.5 hour effort to see me. but maybe next time, if there is a next time. i seriously doubt there will be a next time. You never know i might get a smiled on and win the lottery. i spent all of my emergency money to get down here and placed a bet on the wrong horse. i really wish i had worked 2 hours faster on Dave's car, to get the timming right so i could drive to see you guys.

Oh well take what you can. Charles you know my AOL, we
                            ll keep in touch. i dont know if i can make it one my planned summer road trip, as i blew my budget to get here to help Dave with his swap

I dont regret anything. I would spend another week at Dave's but i mean i was 90 minutes off. 90 minutes, damn, that is the kinda thing where you just play the what if situation.

did i enjoy Cali? Yes, would i do it again yes. is Dave an awesome guy, YES. is it his fault, **** NO. Dave, you did what you could do, i just came up short. i know i could have finished 90 minutes earlier if i had only****ingclued into sertian signs from the engine. i feel like such a retard. i know i clud have finished 4 hours to a day earlier if i had only taken a step back and said why...

and Darryl, Chigago(sp) you better be there, and _DAMN_ soon! i mean you had a chance to drive an meet me, all you had to do was skip a pro meet in Life plaza.

as for my only impression fo Cali, this is a cool place. i only hope i can afford something like this again. a ****ing snowballs chance in hell i'll afford to come back, but if i can do it i will. Even for an engine swap!

So his engine he goosed

Comment

holy crap Brock, you are a sick bastard, I have been away from the forums for a while lol didnt know about you flying to Cali! Is that what our donations pay for !?!? lol You guys are great lol, I can't wait till this summer!@
                              00 dakota 4x4
                              90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

Glad to see everything went well,

Comment

Working...
                                X