Ahura's DOHC - Check it out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cablemirc

brock is a very cool guy, just be careful what you say about canada!
    I can see it now...

Me: Canada sucks!

Brock: [turns into the incredible hulk] Skinny asshole hating on Canada! Brock SMASH!!!!

Me: Just kidding, guy.

Brock: [reverting to original form] Oh yeah, I knew that.
    ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss

and Darryl, Chigago(sp) you better be there, and _DAMN_ soon! i mean you had a chance to drive an meet me, all you had to do was skip a pro meet in Life plaza.
      dude, you know i would have if you had said just come down at 5:30 when dave called , but instead ya'll said all we have to do is swap the cap and rotor and we're on our way...by the time you called back it was just too late. Plus Dave somehow passed his fever onto me....Plus each time i offered, you guys said, we're so close...we can get it....i should have just said **** it and drove down...my bad.

count on Chicago dude, i mean it. If not Ottawa itself.

Comment

So did you get his car running? timing belt right? or was it something else?
        93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
        02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
        05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Hehe Brock I didn't mean for you to get upset. It's ok, some other time man
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

[i

also for swaps i highly recomend you guy a 128+ compartment tackle box, for bolts. organization is key, to the reassembly. believe me, organize and label the bolts you pull!!! [/B]
            Funny thing is I remebered what all the bolts that I took out the 2 motors were for...
            That was scary ...
            Same thing with the 2nd BP that I am porting out .. lol
            it's weird. but yeah anyone who is doing this should get an organizer.

--------------------------------

That's sweet that the car is running. So know what else is there to do to get the car to a 100%?
            Have your driving it?
            How does it feal?
            Bruce
            Last edited by bruce95fmla; 12-15-2003, 04:58 PM.
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
              dude, you know i would have if you had said just come down at 5:30 when dave called , but instead ya'll said all we have to do is swap the cap and rotor and we're on our way...by the time you called back it was just too late. Plus Dave somehow passed his fever onto me....Plus each time i offered, you guys said, we're so close...we can get it....i should have just said **** it and drove down...my bad.

count on Chicago dude, i mean it. If not Ottawa itself.
              i'm just razing ya. lol it was all good. i had a blast with Dave. and apparently my feet stink, just ask Dave.

the flight home was uneventful. thank god, and no one l.ost my luggage.

as for the car,. when i left the car's timming was off and the brakes needed to be bleed, but the car was able to pull out of the garage under it's own power. so i count it as a victory.

yeah i'll see what i can do about comming back. And if anyone else want me to help with an engine swap, i want a pair of mechanic's gloves waiting for me, (i prefer my gloves uber small so that i streach them out, so i wear a size (s) .)

yeah well as for some commments, a person holds certian things at a high value, and double standards never go well with me, ever.

well i should get back to drafting a how to... "sohc to dohc".
              When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
              Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
              Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
              So his engine he goosed
              With much too much boost,
              And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

glad to here that Ahura is running an that you had an uneventful flight home Brock. in about 4 years when my warranty expires wanna fly down and help me install forged internals?

Comment

funkdaddysmack....when we doing your BP swap into your 323? I have the next 6 weeks off ya know I could help ya out with it as long as we figure out the wiring issues it could likely be done in 3 days.
                  93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                  02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                  05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Wil, it will be a while unfortunately, I'm hoping for over the summer sometime. I have a lot of bills coming up soon, so I'm going to be broke for a while.

~$700 Insurance in January
                    ~$700 Gear for my bike in Jan/Feb/March
                    ~$700 Gym dues in January (though I'll be switching to monthly payments)

I think what I might do is if my pro lasts until this summer, I'm going to buy a truck as a daily driver and use my protege for the donor car.
                    Dan
                    dreesemonkey

Comment

Looks good but the ingnition wire goes under the intake not over,

Comment

Originally posted by itzkcatz
                        Looks good but the ingnition wire goes under the intake not over,
                        eh, technicalities :p:

Comment

Does the VICS activate when you get to 5000rpm? You should be able to see it very easily, the little arm attached to the vacuum thingy will move
                          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by cablemirc

runs excellent, on to aesthetics.. wiper arms are back on (not in pic).. she still needs a bath on the order of serious, though, then february... paint.

only remaining problem? CEL 3 and 41.. it's baffling.... wires were even re-run, checked, and re-checked..

i'll do a thorough once over again of the wiring (again), and if all else fails, i have a drastic solution, replacing the entire harness with a DOHC Automatic, and swapping the throttle body plug. but something tells me i'm missing the real issue.

for the uninitated, though

code 3 = Distributor G signal
                            code 41 = VICS

any ideas are appreciated.
                            i havent read the entire posts here but here's wut i did on my g signal and VICS.

VICS- if ur using ur stock wiring harness u should have the brown wire for the VICS all u need is the other wire which goes to the ecu. Go to the junk yard grab one of them ecu connectors and cut the wires about 5 inches away from the connector. Pull out one of the wire on that connector becareful not to pull out the pins cuz u will need this. and connect it to a new wire. Use this new wire for ur VICS line on the engine to ur ecu. (back pin it to your ECU 2S)

Do the same for the g-signal. back pin the ECU 2G.

thats how i did mine. after i was done i didn't have any codes. My 323 was running fine except for the tps sensor that i broke. but thats about it. hope this helps....AND FOR Y'ALL THATS GONNA BE DOING SWAP IN THE NEAR FUTURE U MIGHT WANNA KEEP THIS IN MIND make ur life a lil easier by using the stock b6 wiring instead of pulling out all the harness and use the lx....
                            Last edited by 1ofdfew323; 12-20-2003, 08:53 AM.

Comment

can someone PLEASE explain me what VICS is? It is pretty difficult to understand "mechanical english" when it is not your mother language.
                              Thank you very much!
                              One day you are born,
                              The next big milestone
                              you discover go zoom-zoom
                              you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

VICS is a Variable Intake Charging/Control System. Itr works by having a butterfly valve in the intake. When the Valve is in position 1 the intake runners are shorter than if the valves are in position 2. changing the length of the runners will alter flow and velocity. changine these two variable vield different results in power. So this VICS system will optimize the flow for the rpm ranges of the BP engine. Which will yield a nicer power curve.
                                When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                                Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                                Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                                So his engine he goosed
                                With much too much boost,
                                And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Working...
                                X