No announcement yet.

Tinting Tails...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, the placement of the ambers on the back might make it look a little weird... especially with 92-94 tails
    i know it would look better with 90-91 style taillights... (I want some of those...)

i'll take some new all around pics soon...
    i might just try this for the sake of trying it, because it couldn't hurt... if it looks bad, it'll come off in time...

oh yeah, about this tint... is it for windows too?
    does it look good on windows, or should i just get a professional tint?
    justin
    Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
    installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

As far as local laws go, yes those tailights are illegal. However, I have only gotten a warning 1 time in the 2 years i've had them. (Knock on wood) Also, I did my tailights at home. Had them done in 3 hours and I was out riding around that night with them on the car.

Adam
      1991 Protege GTR
      #1739 of 2500
      1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
      MODS:
      GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
      TO DO LIST:
      EDM/JDM rear bumper
      EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
      Repaint car

Comment

now that im thinking about it it would be tight if there was a red tint to give it that euro consistant look somewhat like the the VW's
        Koroma
        91 323BG-----------------------
        Intax springs,PRM Air Intake
        ST Swaybars, Front upperstrut bar, 15' Prime, Advanced Timing, 2.25 inch-Cat back, Flowmaster, Indiglo gauges, Custom Taillight config

Next Stage
        J-SPEC GTX kit,Brembo Brake Kit

Comment

Yes sir... Try goin a little lighter... It seems like I had them lighter when I was painting them.... lighter might be sexy homie... yeaaaaa.... he he... Do it... if you like it... clear coat it... makes it orgasmic... Peace... ahahahahha
          1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
          1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
          2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
          2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Originally posted by sixhex
            oh yeah, about this tint... is it for windows too?
            does it look good on windows, or should i just get a professional tint?
            definetly go for the professional job, it'll never come out totally even, it's permenent to a point it's an Fing bitch to get off (the rear window anyway, that is, without destroying the defroster lines) While window tint is no picnic to get off (especially when it's old) It's blink of an eye compred to a spray on. And it's optical qualities, i would imagine, totally suck compared to a good window film.

Comment

Actually, they do make tint spray in red. It is also available in blue, orange and yellow. (At least around here they are available).

Adam
              1991 Protege GTR
              #1739 of 2500
              1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
              MODS:
              GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
              TO DO LIST:
              EDM/JDM rear bumper
              EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
              Repaint car

Comment

really red tint spray, uhh Where is there

Happy Thanksgiving gang NO TURKEY IN THE CAR!!!!!!! PLEASE(lol)
                Koroma
                ST Swaybars, Front upperstrut bar, 15' Prime, Advanced Timing, 2.25 inch-Cat back, Flowmaster, Indiglo gauges, Custom Taillight config

Next Stage

Comment

Hey guys. Got a question for ya. I have my tails tinted with VHT , and they're not clear coated. Should I aply clear coat or it's not necessary ? Tinting was done 2,5 month ago . And if yes, what kind of clear coat is better ?
                  Thanks.
                  98 protege LX for appearance
                  89 626 GT for performance

Comment

Well it’s up to you on what type of clear coat you want to use. But if you are truly happy with % of tint perhaps you should give it a quick touch up with the tint spray (or not) and then clear coat it.
                    It will be permanent though.
                    Other wise don’t coat it. Let time takes its course and it will fade way.
                    Koroma

Next Stage

Comment

I remember seeing a pic of a 323 somewhere that had the amber lenses blacked out. Looked pretty sweet.

Would popo have any reason to pull me over for this or is it legal???
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

I am pretty sure that tinting anything... or doing anything that obstructs your lights is illegal my friend... It's just something that isnt really noticed all too much... But if a cop is lookin to boost up to his quota, there is nothing stopping him from pulling you over... I really dont think that there is a problem, but there are still is a possibility... I planned on tinting my corners... but I think I might just conform and buy those Crappy GTS Light covers... (I know, I know) but this way... if i needed to remove them, eh... its the principle man... well see

russian was liiiiiiiike:

Hey guys. Got a question for ya. I have my tails tinted with VHT , and they're not clear coated. Should I aply clear coat or it's not necessary ? Tinting was done 2,5 month ago . And if yes, what kind of clear coat is better ?
                        Thanks.
                        I think if your tails have lasted that long I really dont think that they will fade... but do what Koroma said and go for it... Id clean them up, spray another thin coat (or not) and clear coat away... I think if it lasted that long chances are that it is already permanent...

Speaking of window tint... I need to get that done...

Dayum... I didn't think this post would get so much feedback... shiiiiiiit... Ok.. back to getting fat... how to soon as i get some time

[B]Happy Thanksgiving yall[B]

Comment

Hm, that's gonna be pretty hard to give another coat of tinting on mine. They have unsprayed spots - four round ones and 2 "M" signs . So I guess just gonna clearcoat them .

I have my corners tinted . I'm not using them too often though , so not sure about how legal it is .

Comment

Again.... its not legal... Principle... yackity smackety... phuck it

Comment

yeah russian
                              i saw the pics of the back of your ride. i dont think you have to touch them up they still look damn good!
                              clear coat them if you wish
                              Koroma

Next Stage

Comment

Thanks. I think I'll clearcoat them .
                                About how legal is it in Ontario - http://www.toprotege.com/resources/carmods/

Comment

Working...
                                X