There's an edit button, you know
    Doh... yeah I noticed that.. ****...
    1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
    1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
    2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
    2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

We all know that THE CLUB can be overcome by the cutting of a steering wheel. We also all know that the real reason for THE CLUB is to deter and not to keep people from stealing the car. It means that if someone is out to steal a car and yours has a club on it, then they are going to try to find one that does not have one to make life easier on them. Would you rather steal a car or first get a hacksaw and then start sawing at the steering wheel to steal it? I still find the taking it on and off to be the big negative about that crap. If you get tired of that and stop using it then it's not good anymore, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by XxToKeSxX
        Doh... yeah I noticed that.. ****...
        I like how you prefix your quotes...lol :p:
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Yeah.... I'm Sadistic

Mannydingo was spittin:

We all know that THE CLUB can be overcome by the cutting of a steering wheel. We also all know that the real reason for THE CLUB is to deter and not to keep people from stealing the car. It means that if someone is out to steal a car and yours has a club on it, then they are going to try to find one that does not have one to make life easier on them. Would you rather steal a car or first get a hacksaw and then start sawing at the steering wheel to steal it? I still find the taking it on and off to be the big negative about that crap. If you get tired of that and stop using it then it's not good anymore, is it?
          A-ba-duuuuhhhhhh... he he he... Im a smart ass...

But seriously... in response to your question about it being usefull... Phucks ya it can be... See let me tell you a brief story:

My dad had the club once, back in his, "I'm gonna buy everything that I see on T.V. and conform like everyone else" days. Yeah, less than 5 months later, he gave that piece of **** to me... I didnt even try to use it... but i noticed that the thing can be take apart.... hee hee...

It can still be used for vehicle theft protection... The Big part can be used to cold cock the phuck out of someone... and then when they are knocked out... (if you are as sadistic and evil as I) You can take the small riveted part and jab them in the ribs repeatedly until they cry... and then fake pardon their bitch asses..... until they thank you for your forgiveness... and then Ram it the Phuck UP THEIR ASS and Twist.... Yeah!!!!...

People that try and steal my stuff and fail wish they never tried in the first place...

This picture was taken from www.theclub.com and is used as a source for example purpose only... if you like the idea I have used here... BUY IT!!! and tell them I sent ya... ha ha ha
          Attached Files

Comment

People that try and steal Toke's stuff and fail wish they never tried in the first place so don't even think about it crooks!!!

Comment

Thank you for repeating what I just said sir

I dont understand...

Comment

Thats great u have a blinking light, But it prob wont do **** for the guys jacking your car up and taking your tires. and the club is kinda worthless maybe on decent cars they would wanna steal. Most times the guys just want whats in the car so the club wont even matter. Jon

Comment

so wait wait, your telling everyone on here, that you are going to put a fake alarm? thats like saying "hey heres a pic of where i put my kill switch"

thats ****ing idiotic

same thing happened to a kid on honda-tech his car was gone in 3 days

good luck

Comment

Well, yes.. you have a point, it would be superfluous and stupid to actually put it in my car now... but it was just an idea really...

To be honest, like I said before in this thread, I don't need an alarm... Mainly because of the simple reason that I dont have anything to steal in my car... This was mainly just a referal for other people... and a way for me to get ideas from other owners son...

Not a map to the divine secrets of my "mysterious" fake alarm system...

So Chill homie... he he
                    Last edited by XxToKeSxX; 11-30-2003, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                      It's an old trick, any FLASHING LED can be used, must be flashing. (yes, there are non flashing ones)

The red wire goes to 12v CONSTANT power and the black wire goes to the IGNITION wire. Must be true ignition (mian harness under dash)

How does this work you ask?.... well the IGNITION wires goes from 12v when the key is on, to ground when the key is off. So it ONLY flashes when the key is off and stares at you blankly when your drivin.
                      UPDATE: I have installed the fake alarm.. but i didnt like it... the one I had was done poorly and looked like a fluke, I have since took MazdaRacer's advice to heart... And Found a cheap alternative...

The pic is below... Its wierd though, It says Black with stripe goes to Constant 12V, Black is Ground... cool... but it says they Yellow wire would connect to a 12V source that is only on when the car is on? Why do they need 3 wires... anyway... I need some electrical advice...

I'm not to fond of messing with electricity, but its got to be done. All fears aside, what do you guys (and gals) think would be a good Constant 12V source for this job??? A good 12V constant when the car is on? I will look into the Haynes to see if I can decipher the electrical part... (ewww)

Any advice will be appreciated... as always, keep it ghetto-rigged baby

here is a pic of it mounted in
                      Attached Files

Comment

From the Side:
                        Attached Files

Comment

The 'New' Contraption
                          Attached Files

Comment

tokemiester,

you'll have to remove the bottom dash panel under your steering collum to get access to the wires you need. (check my dash cluster how-to on my website for specific info on the disassembly)

The black > ground wire goes to a BARE METAL surface, if it's painted, scrape it away. Use a crimp on ring connector and a star lock washer. Preferably using a factory threaded bolt, but a coarse sheet metal will work too.

Now locate the main ignition wire harness. It has all the real thick wores coming right from the ignition switch (where you stick your key) For the 12v constant wire, You want the thick BLACK wire, connect your black/white stripe LED wire here.

The switched 12v connection will be using the cars IGNITION wire, this is only hot when the car is running or the key is turned to IGN or RUN. This wire is in the same main harness, you want the thick BLUE wire. Connect your yellow LED wire here.

Now all of you know i do not like T-Taps and recommend soldering all connecrions. But in this case Tokes, you can go ahead and use T-Taps. You'll need 2 YELLOW T-TAPS and 2 corresponding male connectors oh and a ground ring connector. Any stereo/alarm shop near you will have these, i'm sure they won't mind handing a few over to you. Actually, you may want some extras, just incase, they can screw up when connecting to thick wires. Since i'm sure you don't have a set of t-tap pliers Use a set of small channel lock type pliers to connect the T-Taps to the wires. Crimp on the male connectors to your LED wires and insert the male connectors into the T-Taps. (pics of these are on my Vehicle Security FAQ, link is in my sig)

Zip tie your LED wires along the main harnness up to your mounted position, turn the key to check for proper operation. I assume it blinks when the key is OFF and not when the key is ON. Re-install the dash panel, sit and wait for a scrupulas sucka

If your unable to locate the t-taps and such at a resonable price (if the shop is too cheap to give you a few) PM me and i'll send ya some.

Comment

As MazdaRacer said... make sure that if you are taping into the main leads from the ignition you are using the right size T-taps (as he pointed out, yellow ones). If you use ones that are too small you risk severing too many strands inside the orignal wiring where it will tap.

I have learned to hate T-taps over time (when ever there is an electrical failure on one of the radio trucks I work on that is the first place I go looking).
                              --JJB--
                              '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
                              Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
                              16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
                              15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
                              Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

Wow... this is overwhelming ... ha ha.. I wasnt expecting so much awesome and descriptive help. I appreciate it... Thanks Mazdaracer, JJB.... and I willl take what you say in mind!!! I'm gonna print this sheet out and make this my weekend "I'm bored, I gotta find something to do" task...

Again, thanks for the help... and I will keep yall posted on when the outcome is complete!!!

Woyde to ya Motha!!! This thread is now officially a how-to.. ha ha

Oh Yeah...

Happy Holidays!
                                Last edited by XxToKeSxX; 12-24-2003, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X