No announcement yet.

Fake Alarm? Genius...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know my car insurance give me a discount of $50 for owning a club.. and not necessarily owning one, but having a reciept showing you own one can get you the discount.
    NOW WITH SPINNER HUB CAPS

Comment

Why not just install a kill switch?

"Mazderati"
      91 LX DOHC 5 speed V8 stocker
      Pioneer DEH-550MP, Infinity 6002i's, Pioneer 6x9s
      Uniden PC76XL w/ Astatic Road Devil & 5' Wilson Silverload

1982 Jeep Wagoneer Brougham
      AMC 360 V8, 4-speed, 4x4

Comment

Good Idea... I'll have to figure out how to do it, not too sure how

Thanks SUcka
        1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
        1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
        2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
        2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

kill switch wont stop anyone from breaking in, but they wont be able to take it.

Had a kill switch (fuel pump) on a previous car, I ended up just leaving the doors unlocked so I didnt have to keep fixing the damage

Comment

I think im gonna keep the doors unlocked... i have nothing to steal... another thing... About this Mysterious 3 wire led...

Black (White Lined) = 12V Constant
            Black = Ground
            Yellow = 12V When ignition off

To my understanding.... Every Modern day stereo/tape deck/cd player have these wires already on them... I was wondering if I could just Tap into those wires instead of messing with the ignition wires??? I think I might tie into these wires instead if its feasable... Instead of bickering at all of yall, I'm gonna try and mess with that this Sunday to see if it can be completed...

Peace,
            Ameen

EDIT!!

I went ahead and took my stereo out and proceeded with the experimentation and it worked. Using all the help from previous messages in the thread I tapped into the 12V constant, Ignition wire, and ground that are already attached to your tape deck/cd player wiring harness... Took less than two minutes. (this is even easier if you already have an aftermarket CD player, because you dont have to use taps or cut anything, you can just tie in the wires where you made your cut to install you new wiring harness

If you also want to do this (and you have a BLINKING L.E.D. you can refer to MAZDARACER's/JJB's previous post on this page (for installing straight to ignition wires) or you can do the following (for wiring to Stereo Harness):

1. Take your stereo out:
            if you have an oem tape deck (1st gen) then just remove the outer plastic bracket on the outside of you stereo face, and remove the four screws that hold it in. Pull your stereo out and locate the wiring harness.

2. Wire L.E.D. as follows:
            - The Ground wire on the L.E.D. (in this case BLACK) will tie into the ground wire already screwed into your stereo. This should be already solely attached wito the back of your unit with a black wire held down with a small screw. Tie in your ground wire here.

- The 12V "when on" Wire on the L.E.D. (in this case YELLOW) will tie into the RED Ignition wire located in the wiring harness.

- The 12V "constant" Wire on the L.E.D. (in this case BLACK W/ WHITE LINE) will tie into the YELLOW Power wire located in the wiring harness.

(If your L.E.D. doesn't come with Yellow "when on" wire, then just skip that step)

The L.E.D. should blink when the ignition is turned off... I previously found a blinking L.E.D. from autozone from some hazard light contraption, but the light blinked too fast and wasnt the correct light I was looking for. It was too bright and looked tacky. There is a light on Ebay that I purchased, and when installed it looked a lot more clean... I would suggest gettin that or ghetto rigging one, depending on what you consider a cleaner look.

Here is the Link from EBAY: Shipped from Quebec

I'm sure there are others that are cheaper, this is just the one that I purchased, because I was too lazy to make one or search. Thanks everybody for your help... and some of you for your random comments... get in contact with me if there are any question I guess, Bia Bias.

Peace,
            "MeeN"

Don't mess with the ghetto-rig king
            Last edited by XxToKeSxX; 12-28-2003, 11:22 AM.
            1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
            1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
            2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
            2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Working...
            X