seat comparision thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dalzhel
    Can someone tell me what the word "Aquirbiltiy" means. Sorry a i'm french and i dont know this word tnx
    The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

Root word is Acquire and "Aquirbility" is not a word
    NOW WITH SPINNER HUB CAPS

Comment

Originally posted by Dalzhel
      Can someone tell me what the word "Aquirbiltiy" means. Sorry a i'm french and i dont know this word tnx
      Like Ambassador said, "Aquirbility" is not a word. What Protoss is trying to say is "How easy they are to Purchase/Find (Acquire)"

Hope that clears things up!

If you're looking for GT seats, shoot me a PM.
      My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
      - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

I just found a set of 4 cyl MX3 seats at the j/y... they match my interior pretty well so i'm thinking of making them an offer. Is there a difference between the 4 cyl MX3 seats and the V6 MX3 seats?
        '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
        '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
        '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
        '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
        '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
        '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
          well the GT seats had a nice feel to them. They were supportive and were stylish. the fact that there are only 3500 of them in the world might have influenced me a little.
          There aren't 3500 world wide.. theres a lot more than that. There were 3500 sets in Canada. Remember these seats were used in the GTX, and possibly other models too (infini?). They are just rare in north america.
          -Dave

Comment

What about swapping seats from a 2nd/3rd gen into the 1st gen? I remember some talk about it in the past but I can't remember anyone having actually done it.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
              What about swapping seats from a 2nd/3rd gen into the 1st gen? I remember some talk about it in the past but I can't remember anyone having actually done it.
              It's not bolt in, especially not for 3rd gen. Second gen seat rails are very close in measurements to the first gen, but Mazda decided to change things enough so that they don't rest properly on the floor.
              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

out of curiosity, what about like rx7 seats? 2nd gen turbo 2 seats are very nice, supportive and sporty

Comment

Try it and report back
                  2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                    *pms link to ben*
                    *sits back and waits for fun to begin*

I think that the difference between the I4 MX3 seats and the V6 ones are the recaro style and non-recaro stlye being the main differences. I couldn't tell you which is which, but if memory serves thats the difference.
                    The seats don't change between the I4 and the V6, the earlier model MX3 had the one piece seat and the '94? and up have to two piece. I have seats from a '95 MX3 and they're two piece.
                    '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                    '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                    '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

ok so its the years that change and not the trim lvl.... weird b/c every gs I looked at had the recaro seats and every rs had the 1 pc... or vise versa.....

I guess they were from teh different years like you said.
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Yes the years are what seperate the style. hoever the trim lever did dictate the colour scheme, and the oh so rare later GS has the sought after leather.
                        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                        So his engine he goosed
                        With much too much boost,
                        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

I'm not a fan of leather seats... they get too hot/cold, if I ever find a pair i'll yank them and put 'em on eBay
                          '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                          '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                          '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Just wondering...has anyone tried 2nd gen Probe seats? GT or regular? They have grey/black cloth, it would look good in the Protege...next time I'm at the yard and have some time I'll see if/how they fit.
                            GTs had power lumbar and bolsters, very nice!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                            On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                            My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

I found a set of the leather seats, but they are hella trashed. They would need to be patched and cleaned...... and I think that the guy wanted way too much for them anyways
                              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
                                Just wondering...has anyone tried 2nd gen Probe seats? GT or regular? They have grey/black cloth, it would look good in the Protege...next time I'm at the yard and have some time I'll see if/how they fit.
                                GTs had power lumbar and bolsters, very nice!
                                You know i dont think anyone has. but i am sure the process would mirror that of the how the mx6 seats were installed. The hard part is because of the 2 door, 4 seater set up the front seats ususally have the seat rail built into the frame of the seat.
                                When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                                Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                                Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                                So his engine he goosed
                                With much too much boost,
                                And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Working...
                                X