Finished Shavin my Trunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin
    honestly, what i was thinking was on par with what adam did with his gtr.. except instead of tinting the tails, actually using circular lenses on the rear of the car and fiberglassing/bondoing up a paintable surface around the tail lights.. completely negating the use of the rear tail light housings. THAT would be unique. no matter how you cut it, the rear of the protege looks a little dated, no matter which pair of tails you have. what it'd be nice is something like this setup.. forgive me, i'm an expert in paint brush, not photoshop :p:
    peace
    thats wut i want on my pro too
    i is dumb

Comment

It definately is a great job, and looks like you put alot of work, and I commend you and everyone that works hard on their cars. I just don't personally like the look of the shaved trunk. But my opinion is less than none. Great job tho!
      Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
        honestly, what i was thinking was on par with what adam did with his gtr.. except instead of tinting the tails, actually using circular lenses on the rear of the car and fiberglassing/bondoing up a paintable surface around the tail lights.. completely negating the use of the rear tail light housings. THAT would be unique.
        I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but it sounded about right. I saw these at the local mall a couple of months ago. These are the nicest obviously aftermarket taillights I've ever seen.

Comment

It kind of looks it came from the Chevy Monte Carlo.. (Or whatever they use as police fleet vehicles).
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Kind of, except these ones stuck out about 1/2"-3/4". Hard to see in this picture. It reminded me more of a ferrari (not nearly that nice, but that style) seeing it in real life.

Comment

Yeah I see what you mean.

Comment

Those remind me of an Impala's rear end.

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                  It kind of looks it came from the Chevy Monte Carlo.. (Or whatever they use as police fleet vehicles).
                  Impala is what I meant.

Comment

That's what I thought.

Comment

looks good man
                      Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                      Beige 1994 Protege DX
                      Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel
                        did you weld a metal plate in? looks tity's!
                        Yea i did
                        Ratrod

Comment

Originally posted by SPENONE
                          WOULDNT HAPPEN TO BE MINE WOULD IT?

WWW.STAYTUNNED.20M.COM
                          Naw man its mine i did it 4 days ago lol
                          Ratrod

Comment

Originally posted by SPENONE
                            WOULDNT HAPPEN TO BE MINE WOULD IT?

WWW.STAYTUNNED.20M.COM
                            Wow i did the same thing as you but i promise I have never seen your trunk i got it from a pro on protegeclub.com...
                            Ratrod

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
                              i prefer the look of a garnish. but it looks like you spent an assload of time to make it look good. it isn't my taste but looks good none the less
                              Yes it took me 3 whole days and a gallon of bondo and bunch of sandpaper but its wroth it...
                              Ratrod

Comment

Originally posted by $0.05$
                                how the hell did you do that? i want my trunk like that!

too bad you didn't take pics along the way, that would have been quite interesting to see
                                Yea i know i should of took pics but if you go to my homepage you can see the startin and finish
                                Ratrod

Comment

Working...
                                X