No announcement yet.

pro or 323

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alright thanx...what about the head gasket issue? you think id be straight with it already being fixed and what not? thanx again....
    Que Tu Habla Willis

Comment

you guys are funny.

here are my thoughts.
      I have bother cars , but my protege is the 2nd gen ..
      If I was in your situation. I would take the Protege and pull the engine tranny , wire harness and ecu out and swap it into the 323. I don't care what anyone says, the protege with the same mods and power as a protege will be both quicker and faster. this is also based on both cars haveing a BP..

The protege needs to much work. It would be better to do a BP swap into the 323. take the gauges and everything. Then just part out the rest of the car.

By the way the 323 weighs in at about 1800 lbs.
      the protege lx weighs in at about 2400 lbs ..

the 323 is not pretty in stock form but add some protege mirrors, some wheels and lower it a bit.. put that back wing on there and it's a wrap
      Bruce
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla

By the way the 323 weighs in at about 1800 lbs.
        the protege lx weighs in at about 2400 lbs ..
        There is NOOOOOOOO way the 323 weighs about 1800lbs... I'd say more along the lines of 2100-2200 lbs.

Dan
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
          There is NOOOOOOOO way the 323 weighs about 1800lbs... I'd say more along the lines of 2100-2200 lbs.

Dan
          well, maybe with no engine it might be around 1800...but pretty slow moving

Comment

IMO i would say keep the protege. and strip the interior

Comment

ok yeah i was leanign more towards keeping up the pro but think itd be straight with having a blown head gasket in the past? thanx again for all the replies, its been really helpful...
              Que Tu Habla Willis

Comment

I like my protege. 4wheel disc brakes a sunroof power everything ;-)

Comment

all the power everything is almost a direct bolt on for the 323, look in the door panel, all the wiring is there, just got to plug and play.

I love to see lexan in the back window, but the problem it is curved on the sides. That would make a great weight reducer, and an awesome group buy.
                  Last edited by D323; 10-07-2003, 10:11 AM.
                  The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                    all the power everything is almost a direct bolt on for the 323, look in the door panel, all the wiring is there, just got to plug and play.

I love to see lexan in the back window, but the problem it is curved on the sides. That would make a great weight reducer, and an awesome group buy.
                    I don't know about the 323, but wiring for power accessories is NOT in the door for DX Proteges. If it's there I'd like to hear more about it. :p:
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

well, when I replaced my front speakers, I saw alot, and I mean alot of wires in there. Looked like everything that you would need for power windows and door. all the mounting holes, and wires seemed to be right there.

I havent tried it, but I want to get some LX power locks and window motors, and see if I can get them to bolt up.
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by itzkcatz
                        I like my protege. 4wheel disc brakes a sunroof power everything ;-)
                        your forgot, and the loud ass clicking lifters

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                          your forgot, and the loud ass clicking lifters
                          i got this ****..called prestone or something at auto zone, cures that noise

Comment

LOL if he throws a bp in his 323 he will get the lifers clicking.If my turbo motor clicks im gonna have a meltdown.

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack

Dan
                              I might give it 2100 , but I doubt that. when I went to the dmv it said 1800...
                              I honestly think the car is around 1800 lbs. remember you have those huge ass rims on your car.
                              I have light 13" civic hx rims on my 323, which is auto and can skip 2nd gear pretty easy at times...

I maybe wrong but I am sticking with 1800 to 1900lbs ..

my protege is about 2400 or so with the motor swap..
                              Bruce

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
                                i got this ****..called prestone or something at auto zone, cures that noise
                                newsflash::::::

don't put
                                ****, prestone , or anything called something
                                in your engine...

Bruce

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                                X