• Time
  • Show
Clear All

not a damn thang! Im back in Cali tho. I miss my BG ! and the weather
    '03 Protege5 sunlight silver
    '07 Mazdaspeed3 black mica

Comment

Originally posted by jay
      Finally got time to finish my E36 headlight conversion. Made some cheesy trim pieces outta the ends of the grille, which had to get chopped off. These headlights don't fit as well as the ones Analytical installed, but they are projectors, and have HID's in em so now I can see at night and that's all I give a damn about with this install. Also, I spent about the same amount of money as I would have by just buying new stock headlights...which suck.

Thats pretty cool. Is that an HID or just the white bulbs?

Comment

Hahahah....I'm first on the 100 page. Geeaaaahhh!!! Moderators, don't erase it guys

Comment

you rnto on the 100th page to everyone tjay... it depends how many replies you set per page
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I spent the 180 bucks or whatever it was on 5000k HID's on ebay...
            '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
            '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Originally posted by jay
              I spent the 180 bucks or whatever it was on 5000k HID's on ebay...
              wow, $180 to break the law... crime is expensive now days

PS those kits will do more harm to your lighting than good, the reflector in our headlamps are designed for use with a completly different bulb, this will F' up your beam pattern and blind everyone on the road.
              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by MD323
                the reflector in our headlamps are designed for use with a completly different bulb
                isnt he using the E36 housing? or does that mod use the stock housing

Comment

Originally posted by MD323
                  PS those kits will do more harm to your lighting than good, the reflector in our headlamps are designed for use with a completly different bulb, this will F' up your beam pattern and blind everyone on the road.
                  Yeah somebody did a writeup on here or maybe it was the "other" forum. And after i read it, it made perfect sense to me so i'm glad i didn't bother with that crap!
                  **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                  95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

it the beam pattern will be all messed up on the original BG headlights, but he is using BMW headlights which were intended to be used with HIDs so therefore his beam pattern should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 323drift
                      it the beam pattern will be all messed up on the original BG headlights, but he is using BMW headlights which were intended to be used with HIDs so therefore his beam pattern should be fine.
                      my bad I did not see his previous post and assumed he was reffering to the e-bay kits for the BG headlights.
                      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

blinding people on the road is what i call fun!!!

This is what i did today Prepped primed & painted the mx3 LCA's & got the rest of the goodies ready to go in. see link

---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I drug the car out of the garage, dusted it off and took it for a short drive. It's been sitting for over a month now.
                          Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
                          '56 VW Cal Ragtop
                          www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

Comment

I watched the rain hit my car, its been 3 days of it.....summer is officially over and that means it's time to hit the mountains

OT: Who here hits the hills?
                            Last edited by 323drift; 09-20-2006, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 323drift
                              I watched the rain hit my car, its been 3 days of it.....summer is officially over and that means it's time to hit the mountains

OT: Who here hits the hills?
                              I used to when I lived in MD, we had a large natural water resivior that was spidered with hilly twisty roads.
                              -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

I went out and took more pictures of my BG. The rest are on my cardomain website if you want to see them.

Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Working...
                                X