X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jho
    Could be.

Does it look crooked?

Try tightening it back up, and gently working it.

Doesn't look crooked. I tried tightening it up and loosening it but it didn't work. The last thing I'm gonna do is try it when the car is hot. I sprayed alittle liquid wrench down there. Hopefully its just stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
      I need one of those plugs.
      Good luck. I popped like 5 out before I was able to catch one prior to it going down behind the brake booster.

Now once my brother takes the boost gauge out of his MX-6, I'll have a perfect place for the line to go through the firewall and right to the intake manifold. It'll be perfect.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by jay
        Finally got time to finish my E36 headlight conversion. Made some cheesy trim pieces outta the ends of the grille, which had to get chopped off. These headlights don't fit as well as the ones Analytical installed, but they are projectors, and have HID's in em so now I can see at night and that's all I give a damn about with this install. Also, I spent about the same amount of money as I would have by just buying new stock headlights...which suck.
        paint hte cheesy end pieces black, otherwise, it looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by deadly_sleeper
          I went out and took more pictures of my BG. The rest are on my cardomain website if you want to see them.

Cool pics. I just bought a decent camera, so I'll have some soon too.

Comment

Oh, and I re-installed my freshly preped valve cover, and destroyed my Flex pipe! the car sounds like a beast! If only you guys could hear it... an open header BP sounds good, but really loud. Alos, I'm going to start a phot thread for my car, so check there for pics.

Comment

Maybe...

Originally posted by 1967cutlass
              Anyone have ideas on what I should do with the old stock one (which is bent)?

Suzuka323 can use it as an adornment of his personality! lmao
              David
              sigpic Ky

Comment

Originally posted by TRRC
                Oh, and I re-installed my freshly preped valve cover, and destroyed my Flex pipe! the car sounds like a beast! If only you guys could hear it... an open header BP sounds good, but really loud. Alos, I'm going to start a phot thread for my car, so check there for pics.
                How did you manage to destroy a flexable pipe? Was it completely rusted? And i bet it sounds like a beast but runs like a yugo since u have no back pressure now!
                **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

I made a custom B-pillar bar for my Familia! wooo hoooo!
                  Fully kitted, Sparco seats, 17 inch AR rims, JDM parts to the MAX, Dropped 2 inchs, 10.1 inch MX3 GS big brake, Custom Copper paint, CF Hood, RESIDENT MAZDA PARTS GUY! I Work For Agincourt Mazda

Comment

Originally posted by colins323
                    I made a custom B-pillar bar for my Familia! wooo hoooo!
                    Pics plz
                    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

"paint the cheesy end pieces black, otherwise, it looks good."

Hmm, I think I might just do that...
                      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I took my 1990 4WD rallying in the mountains. When I get a scanner I'll upload the pictures of a bent hanger bearing and bent front engine mount (rattles around 2400-3000rpm against the crossmember).
                        No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2
                          How did you manage to destroy a flexable pipe? Was it completely rusted? And i bet it sounds like a beast but runs like a yugo since u have no back pressure now!
                          It split like a banana! Rust is a cruel adversary. It crumbled at the flange, but the steel weave has been fraying for some time now. I'll take a pic when I can. It actually runs about the same, with a little less bottom end, but at the top end (above 4K) it pulls like crazy. It feels like 20+hp. And yeah, it sounds like a BEAST.

Comment

Found a digital camera.
                            Here are my sweet pictures of the damage.... I think I'll rally it this weekend too....

My Bent Hanger, after I used a strap to pull it off the knuckle.

My broken Engine mount, rattles worse than a fart can exhaust.

Bent up some of the crappy skid plate.

The skid plate is resting on the now bent oil pan and exhaust pipe. Not sure if the oil pan heater works anymore.

And heres a bent trunk bottom. Not bad, doesn't leak yet!

It needs a lift for sure, that would solve all my problems.
                            Cheers, Craig
                            No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by TRRC
                              I ran an open header on my car last year after I tried to make my own exhaust and failed. It was so loud.

Comment

installed the lx gauge cluster, it wasnt too hard but getting all of the wires out from behind and connecting them again was annoying. my wires dont pull out very far. that plus realizing my new cluster has a burned out bulb after i spent all the time putting it in lol i guess i hsoulda checked it before i screwed everything else back in too.
                                1990 Mazda Protege SE

cone air filter
                                exhaust tip
                                lx gauge cluster
                                cupholders

Custom Sound System:

pioneer 4800mp headunit
                                kenwood 1660s 6.5" front speakers
                                kicker DS60 6.5" rear speakers
                                2 MTX Roadthunder 12" subs in custom sealed boxes
                                Profile AP700M mono sub amp (350 watts RMS)

Comment

Working...
                                X