This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

since my last post on this subject...

i have NOT gotten the parts car that i was going to get (that has been pushed back to post Christmas at the earliest), so i have not gotten much of anything done for my poor old car. However, i HAVE been able to make enough room in the garage for a car or two, and i washed my car today......that is about it. o yeah, then there is the ss clutch line,short shifter and corksport shifter bushings, that during install caused me to tear the rubber bushing that holds the shifter in place . anyway, more as it happens.
    A little over a decade & 13 or so cars since I have started driving & working on my own vehicles, and I find myself not too much better informed than when I started......

Comment

keep us posted
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Let's just say that my hands smell like spark plug wires.

Comment

i washed mine for the first time in over 2.5 months

Comment

58.8 miles on the new clutch....

wonder if I can get 200 before friday nite......
            "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
            -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
            *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
            172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
            New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

UGH

the bottom of one of the old spark plug wires came apart from the long piece and it's stuck down in the head. I have no ****ing clue how to get it out either since I don't have super long pliers. Now I have three black plug wires and one red...

Comment

Originally posted by 323drift View Post
                i washed mine for the first time in over 2.5 months
                ditto.....i forgot how good the paint is on mine still, where random asshats haven't hit it w/ their doors.. nevertheless a paint job & some bodywork is coming in the next couple of months since that i can at least do for next to nothing through school *w00t!*
                A little over a decade & 13 or so cars since I have started driving & working on my own vehicles, and I find myself not too much better informed than when I started......

Comment

I ordered an HID conversion kit for the Pro a couple weeks ago, and installed it tonight. At this point, I love them. Final impressions will be made on a night that isn't rainy.

Original thread and more pics: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27943
                  Attached Files
                  1990 Red NA6
                  16.43@81mph
                  15" Heliums | 195/50 ZE512's | 14° BTDC | DIY cowl induction | Front tower brace | BSP f/r subframe braces | Style bar | Redline Goods shift boot | Mazda6 shift knob | DIY mesh TSI's | Factory badging removed | JDM Roadster emblem | Pivot controller

sigpic

1991 Black BG LX
                  Unknown
                  16° BTDC | Cone filter | HID conversion | Tinted taillights

Comment

Originally posted by zoomtictac View Post
                    I ordered an HID conversion kit for the Pro a couple weeks ago, and installed it tonight. At this point, I love them. Final impressions will be made on a night that isn't rainy.

Original thread and more pics: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27943
                    Hmm... From the pic it looks like your taking the pic standing up ABOVE the center (roughly where the lights are) and its still bright! Yikes! But i'm still interested in the results as far as vision at night, on the sides, distance and annoyance of other drives too!
                    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Originally posted by 1967cutlass View Post
                      UGH

the bottom of one of the old spark plug wires came apart from the long piece and it's stuck down in the head. I have no ****ing clue how to get it out either since I don't have super long pliers. Now I have three black plug wires and one red...
                      You mean the rubber boot? I had the same thing happened during my whole powerwash-the-engine fiasco. What I did was get a pick, one of the 90 degree or more(less?), stick it down there and try to get the boot out. You can use a coat hanger if need be.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                        You mean the rubber boot? I had the same thing happened during my whole powerwash-the-engine fiasco. What I did was get a pick, one of the 90 degree or more(less?), stick it down there and try to get the boot out. You can use a coat hanger if need be.
                        Hmm a coat hanger might work...

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2 View Post
                          Hmm... From the pic it looks like your taking the pic standing up ABOVE the center (roughly where the lights are) and its still bright! Yikes! But i'm still interested in the results as far as vision at night, on the sides, distance and annoyance of other drives too!
                          Yeah, the picture was taken outside of the beam path. They're phooking bright. :D Results are way better than expected so far. I found that I needed to adjust the lights down a bit, but I'm not surprised, because my halogens sucked so much that I think I pointed them up a little more. It was hard to make a definitive conclusion because it was so rainy and wet tonight, but light spreads very effectively to the sides, and reaches quite far past the primary beams from the reflectors. I was flashed once before adjusting the lamps down, but had no issues afterwards, and don't expect any in the future.
                          1990 Red NA6
                          16.43@81mph
                          15" Heliums | 195/50 ZE512's | 14° BTDC | DIY cowl induction | Front tower brace | BSP f/r subframe braces | Style bar | Redline Goods shift boot | Mazda6 shift knob | DIY mesh TSI's | Factory badging removed | JDM Roadster emblem | Pivot controller

sigpic

1991 Black BG LX
                          Unknown
                          16° BTDC | Cone filter | HID conversion | Tinted taillights

Comment

I could see ppl flashing you like a sob with EDM headlights
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

He has US headlights not EDM. They look bright as hell none-the-less.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                              On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                              My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                                I found a piece of copper wire that i got that rubber piece out with. The new plugs seem to make a difference in how the motor sounds, but I can't tell if it runs better or not. I'd have to dyno it.

They're 7mm autolite professional plug wires that I got for 20$.

Comment

Working...
                                X