Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today we finally got out of the deepfreeze we have been in so I washed the 323 cleaned the inside and detailed it some. At least now you can see what colour it is before it was salt white. I hate winter. Salt kicks the **** out our cars.

Pat.
    sigpic

Comment

in the process of prepping the interior for paint. Pics later, decided to ditch the heating and A/C for now, might add the heat towards next winter, had to remove that stuff anyway for a proper interior paint job. Hopefully it'll be done by tomorrow night. For the dash i'll be using the dash bar painted black, the gauge surround trim (has the buttons and stuff) and gauges. hopefully i can make the wiring look neat and figure out what I'm gonna paint.
      Last edited by Onehalfasia; 03-12-2007, 04:20 AM.

Comment

today i put on my alternator. . . and broke the pcv valve in the process. . . D-OH!

the car was kicking and spitting a little bit. . . blew some smoke out a couple times, so i capped the hole on the intake manifold and have a new one on the way from O'reilly's.

what a day.
        sigpic

Comment

Took the Optima Red Top out of my Jeep and put it in the Pro. Got my e-bay strut bars installed.

Also installed headlights from carfield with H4 bulbs and new corner lights.

1994 DX

Comment

More information about the headlights
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Cleaned the oil & tranny fluid out of my spare tirewell & hatch (from hauling a BP & a 2 transmissions around.)

fixed the guardrail incident damage best i could & installed a new taillight.

after that jazz, I vacumed the car & armoralled the entire interior panel surfaces & wiped off the rims.
              Attached Files
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by johnny View Post
                Took the Optima Red Top out of my Jeep and put it in the Pro. Got my e-bay strut bars installed.

pretty clean bay. welcome to club protege btw.
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Thanks. Simple Green MAX works wonders. As you can see below the #2 spark plug wire, I have a slight oil leak that produces a burning smell. I bought a new valve cover gasket, and hopefully, that will take care of that problem. Until I can do a BP head swap.

Got the headlights from www.carfieldenterprise.com in Hong Kong. Not quite sure of the specs. But they look a lot nicer and are a lot brighter with the H4 bulbs installed.
                  1994 DX

Comment

you have any body shots? by the look of your avatar it looks perfect
                    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

i bought some wheels for my car today
                      My Car Domain
                      My VB Garage

1994 Protege LX

Cold Air Intake
                      Cat Back Exhaust

5 Speed Tranny Conversion.....Coming This Summer

Comment

what i did to my BG today

well took it to the dyno to tune the LINK ecu

made 161 fwkw (216whp) on 9 psi of boost (add 75whp for US/Can figures)

and on the road test, they spun one of the big end bearings, figured it was from the big oil leak a few weeks back, or the oil pump has failed
                        metal on metal sound, with CLUNK CLUNK in there also

so i've just taken the engine out, ready for me to strip the bottom end 2moro

1996 ST205 Toyota Celica GT4 | 1991 BG 323 Astina GT, BP N/A 138WHP *Gone*.
                        1990 BG Ford Laser S (jdm), soon to be 220whp KL-ZE track hack

Comment

Ryan, you really need to get the finger out and start seriously looking for a new shell. That thing is really starting to look bad, between rust and dents.

Pat.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sube View Post
                            Ryan, you really need to get the finger out and start seriously looking for a new shell. That thing is really starting to look bad, between rust and dents.

Pat.
                            true.... from the rust to the dents

Comment

I added seafoam to my car....and after letting it sit, I started it back up.
                              The infamous "smoke screen" was coming out the tailpipe, BUT it also came out of the engine bay as well!
                              Looks like it was coming out of the exhaust manifold area, so I'm gonna replace that and check it out afterwards.
                              Chris
                              94 protege lx - gone and will be missed
                              2008 Mazda3 - recently acquired

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're Stupid."
                              -John Wayne
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2978373

Comment

I know i need a new shell guy's but money doesn't permit it.

I put some DOHC brake pads back on the front today & burned em in
                                seems to brake alot better now

Comment

Working...
                                X