This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wicked... so after about a month of driving around

this is what #1 and #3 spark plug looks like... it looks gray-ish, brown-ish, almost white-ish.... but i also see dark spots around the rim area... you be the judge... a little lean?

i turned it about 4 clicks CCW (i believe CCW is lean)... but i'm wondering if the US and Canadian RX-7/VAF might be tuned different from the factory... cuz lex said he put his in without even tuning it and it ran good

these are NGK... heat range 6
    Attached Files

Comment

id say yes a little lean. richen it a click or 2 & recheck it down the road.i found the best power was in the mid 13:1 a/f ratio with my old na dyno runs
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Ryan, is the 88 323 the same body as the 90?

and what about engines Bps, ect.
        yours looks great.

Look below at one I've treed, It appears pampered and boner stock.
        Rust in 2 places, muffler and r.rear above the connection of thebumper skin and on edge of fender to rear of wheel.

David

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post

I know i need a new shell guy's but money doesn't permit it.

I put some DOHC brake pads back on the front today & burned em in
        seems to brake alot better now
        Attached Files
        Last edited by riverrunnernky; 03-13-2007, 12:18 AM.
        David
        sigpic Ky

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
          id say yes a little lean. richen it a click or 2 & recheck it down the road.i found the best power was in the mid 13:1 a/f ratio with my old na dyno runs
          would i have to disonnect the battery again.. jump ten and gnd to adjust it?

probably?

Comment

Still much to do, plan to paint the floors up to the front windshield, the roof, a pillars, and doors.

Last edited by Onehalfasia; 03-13-2007, 02:28 AM.

Comment

To make it more rich you turn de bypass nut clock wise. This is reducing the air entering in the bypass, less air...mixture more rich.
              older Mazda Protegé '93

http://doommm.monchar.com
              now - protegé gt 91 vj23

Comment

Originally posted by davidmw1 View Post
                and what about engines Bps, ect.
                yours looks great.

Look below at one I've treed, It appears pampered and boner stock.
                Rust in 2 places, muffler and r.rear above the connection of thebumper skin and on edge of fender to rear of wheel.

David
                no, thats a BF chassis, from 85-89. the body and engine are completely different. that one looks very nice for its age, but still not as nice as ryan's.

check the inside along the very bottom of the door. i grew up with an 87 BF, and we were taking the doors off to sand and paint a few times that i can remember.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Eric,

Originally posted by esmacmil View Post
                  no, thats a BF chassis, from 85-89. the body and engine are completely different. that one looks very nice for its age, but still not as nice as ryan's.

check the inside along the very bottom of the door. i grew up with an 87 BF, and we were taking the doors off to sand and paint a few times that i can remember.

It is real clean, and I'm sure easy on fuel.
                  I still can't get over the Indy Trooper citing me for 88, I had my cruise on 71.
                  The badge is supposed to be the good Guys, right?
                  Something is lying.

He will be compelled to take a stand under oath. Its my job to find inconsistency in his testimony. Even purging falsehoods from the witness, or the equipment, will be the goal of the day.
                  All is invited to attend.

A Peace Officer can never be too Professional, as a good defence attorney can sway the court the the plain facts on a different angle.

1. Was the Officer a radar certified operator for the radar in use at the time, and in possession of his permit on the date and for the alleged violation

2. The Officer should always stay with the facts

3. Was the Radar sent to be recalibrated as required as regular maintence

4. The Officer should not refer to himself upon the explanation of the subject's speed in violation, IE, 'I clocked you @ 88 mph, and it took me 5 miles to reach you, at speeds of exceeding 110 mph.' (Who is the Dangerous driver now?)
                  Proper terms: IE, 'Your speed was checked at 88 and the limit is 70. I need your OL and Registration,.... I'll be back in a moment. That's all that the Officer needs to say for a simple speed regulation stop'.

We live in America the land to freely question everything, tactfully, and we must be in the right to win.

When your right Be cool, calculating and relentless to see justice is served.

I'm davidmw1 and I approve this message

I'm begining to hate.. the Red paint! Chris' flat stealth black is looking good!

The car had'nt been out of the shop 12 hrs. Same car 190k miles, new Red paint. Go figure.!

The Deputy Clerk of Jackson County, IN. says, "when traveling Indiana, don't take the Interstate roads." Deputy's name I have with held, due to content.

I thought Redneck cops were confined to Kentucky and Tennessee! Wrong!

Just for fun I once checked the speed of a Fixed object, a rural mail box, the speed was clocked at 41 mph.

An officer should know the difference of moving objects and 2 objects side by side at different speeds. The larger vehicle's speed is the prominent clocked speed! It's the the Officer's call which to stop.

Scary, you bet!

Drivers beware!
                  David
                  sigpic Ky

Comment

doin 70 hit something in the road had a blow out. rolled it 2x. body bashed to nothing. sad story. got the tire fixed. engine completely fine and drives perfecly the way it did before. now it's a sleeper proty to beat all those stupid civics who think there fast

Comment

Originally posted by tokyo junior View Post
                      doin 70 hit something in the road had a blow out. rolled it 2x. body bashed to nothing. sad story. got the tire fixed. engine completely fine and drives perfecly the way it did before. now it's a sleeper proty to beat all those stupid civics who think there fast
                      Damn, glad your alright, sorry about the car, so you rolled it X2 and its still drivable? pics?

Comment

pics! & sorry x2
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by tokyo junior View Post
                          I'm raising the bs flag till I see pics. If you show pics I will appoligize but its hard to believe someone flips a car 2x doing 70 and the car is still driveable.
                          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Well I took some picts and a few video clips...enjoy!

Video clips:

Playin with boost

Exhaust.

1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Picts at local shops!
                              Attached Files
                              1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

i put on a new battery terminal. whoopdee doo.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X