Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detailed mine at work today and got a call from the turbo guy and my stuff is done! Picking it up tomarrow, maybe, just maybe, going to attempt an install on Sunday. Still need parts for it though...but I do have 2 other cars to drive...

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Nice!!! I'm on it tomorrow night!
      jeeah!
      miss my '93 LX at every corner
      photo album
      Catch me on Facebook

Comment

glad it helps someone
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Unique idea on the door/arm rest,

Originally posted by sube View Post
          Here are some pictures of the panels I got today. BTW I added some stainless handles in the armrests these panels have a habit of broken door pulls.

Pat.
          Great idea, the door pulls are a design flaw.

David
          David
          sigpic Ky

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
            PAT! NICE SCORE!!! Love the new interior! Going to keep it blue? My 323 SE's interior is dark and light blue like that, just not power

How were the power mirrors to hook up? Take much work?

JACK.
            I think I am gonna go back and get the rest of the trim and make the interior blue, the dash is black and it may look dumb with the blue panels, if I am gonna go that far might as well go all the way.

The nice thing is it's an LX interior that has those full length door pockets, I had a set before but the handles let go, I took those pockets off of it and grafted them on to my regular door panels. I added stainless pull handles to these panels so that doesn't happen again

Nah the wiring is already in the dash, you pull off the blank plug and the connector is there, I had to run wiring into the doors as there was none there, just get a haynes manual follow the wiring diagram, pretty easy if you can read colours.

Pat.
            Last edited by sube; 03-23-2007, 12:58 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

finished wiring my stereo. i ran an audio jack and a 12 volt cigarette lighter power supply to the storage compartment below the stereo so that i can play mp3s and have the player concealed.

also finished wiring the amp and sub in the trunk (soundstream rubicon angina & single GS redline 12). now if my dash kit would just come in the mail. i did receive my haynes manual and cold air intake today.

removed the rotary seatbelt sensors from the center counsole. realized that i loaned out my sottering iron...
              ...cooked dinner.

progress...
              miss my '93 LX at every corner
              photo album
              Catch me on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by davidmw1 View Post
                Great idea, the door pulls are a design flaw.

David
                Yeah I already had one set scrapped that way, and the 323 LX is as scarce as hens teeth, not having that happen again. Actually I think the BG GTX and GTR had this sort of handle from the factory.

Pat.
                sigpic

Comment

I drove my BG today and took off the front nose of the BF for referbing.
                  per some ideas of MazdaKid
                  David
                  sigpic Ky

Comment

Originally posted by martiniac View Post
                    finished wiring my stereo. i ran an audio jack and a 12 volt cigarette lighter power supply to the storage compartment below the stereo so that i can play mp3s and have the player concealed.

also finished wiring the amp and sub in the trunk (soundstream rubicon angina & single GS redline 12). now if my dash kit would just come in the mail. i did receive my haynes manual and cold air intake today.

removed the rotary seatbelt sensors from the center counsole. realized that i loaned out my sottering iron...
                    ...cooked dinner.

progress...
                    thats a mess you know they sell harness for the car its $10

Comment

How were the power mirrors to hook up? Take much work?

JACK.

Jack, just had a thought, you have the SE, pull one of your door panels and check, you might already have the wiring in the doors for the mirrors, most of the Canadian SE models had the wiring as the power mirrors were a dealer installed option.

Pat.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by martiniac View Post
                        do you have an extra white driver's side power mirror that you are not using and want to sell? i'd be willing to give you $70 if you shipped me a white one that isn't busted (mine looks like it took a stone). it's on my list of things to start junkyard hopping for. let me know.
                        The 323 mirror has a different mounting I believe than the protege, 323 power mirrors are hard to come by so I think I will keep these. Try Mike_Moss he has a for sale thread and I believe he has pair of red power mirrors the are easily repainted.

Pat.
                        sigpic

Comment

VF-10 Hybrid onto my VJ20 BP-Turbo.

Actually, this was done last week, but I am just now getting around to posting it.

This was a fantastic upgrade, but isn't quite as easy as those aussies on FordLaser make it sound. Big shout out to Jason at CorkSport for sticking with me and getting this bitch installed!

Car is much faster, holds 18psi all day long now. On a cold night I can creep to 22 or so even with my EBC.

WOOOOO!

Comment

Damned Chris,

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                            after you get the body kit on hook me up with the front and rear bumpers. very nice clean ride. not fond of the rims but thats just me.
                            Is the ride the **** ar what!

You and JHO were the first I thought and of coarse Jamaican's Black Pro, Remco dosen't need anything, the damned thing looks better than new.
                            And the scenic Photos, Cudos Remco!

Check him out sometime dood!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by esmacmil
                            weehawken is the next town north. about 10 blocks from my apartment.

dont know him.

He's on most American $10.00 bills.... Lmao
                            He and a distant cousin got pissed at eachother and had a duel, Hamilton lost the fight. Cousin caught hell. Lost career. 2 years later Andy Jackson did the same and he bacame president years later without any shame.

Hamilton was backed by George W. and that's why Burr when down!
                            Good reading, just off topic.
                            Last edited by riverrunnernky; 03-23-2007, 08:11 AM.
                            David
                            sigpic Ky

Comment

The 323 mirror has a different mounting I believe than the protege, 323 power mirrors are hard to come by so I think I will keep these. Try Mike_Moss he has a for sale thread and I believe he has pair of red power mirrors the are easily repainted.

Pat.
                              I put a 323 mirror on a co-worker's Protege thinking they were the same...the mounting screw location is the same but the 323 mirror has a tab that the Protege has no place for, so it doesn't sit flush unless you really work on it. The 323 mirror's top edge is like an inch lower than the Protege's also. The guy didn't care, he just wanted a non-cracked mirror...

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                              On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                              My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

I think I am gonna go back and get the rest of the trim and make the interior blue, the dash is black and it may look dumb with the blue panels, if I am gonna go that far might as well go all the way.

The nice thing is it's an LX interior that has those full length door pockets, I had a set before but the handles let go, I took those pockets off of it and grafted them on to my regular door panels. I added stainless pull handles to these panels so that doesn't happen again

Nah the wiring is already in the dash, you pull off the blank plug and the connector is there, I had to run wiring into the doors as there was none there, just get a haynes manual follow the wiring diagram, pretty easy if you can read colours.

Pat.
                                Well I went back today and got everything including all the seats, damn, after a good shampooing the upholstery is like brand new as is all the interior trim, I will get pics up when I get some time. I have to replace the rails on the drivers seat as the mounting bolts were so badly rusted I had to cut the seat mounts with a hammer and chisel. did not have a hacksaw or access to a cutting torch, so had to do it the hard way LOL.

Pat.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X