X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
    thats a mess you know they sell harness for the car its $10
    NO ****?? lmao... that is a pioneer harness, ran into aftermarket Mazda harnesses and plugged into the stock Pro harnesses. paid $9.98 for the aftermarket harness. (you were right on the $ there) it's not a mess, it's as perfect as possible. used single crimp caps, zip tied loose wires together and everything. it may appear as a mess because of the angle but i assure you that anything i wire is top notch. i took the picture to capture the wiring in the cubbie hole. did you notice the additional 12V and mP3 connection .....? I like it a lot....

i still haven't received my stinkin mounting kit... i can't wait to button it up!

later.
    miss my '93 LX at every corner
    photo album
    Catch me on Facebook

Comment

What setup do you have on there management wise and engine build?

Originally posted by evileagle View Post
      VF-10 Hybrid onto my VJ20 BP-Turbo.

Actually, this was done last week, but I am just now getting around to posting it.

This was a fantastic upgrade, but isn't quite as easy as those aussies on FordLaser make it sound. Big shout out to Jason at CorkSport for sticking with me and getting this bitch installed!

Car is much faster, holds 18psi all day long now. On a cold night I can creep to 22 or so even with my EBC.

WOOOOO!

Comment

sube, got a spare blue door panel or 2 from that car???
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
          sube, got a spare blue door panel or 2 from that car???
          Nope, My interior is charcoal right now so I am gonna swap out the entire interior.

Pat.
          sigpic

Comment

started cleanning up and cataloging all the parts for my kia transmition swap

I plan on posting as many of the differences sa i can, ill be cracking it open next weekend, sadly since i dont own a regular G i need someone who does to post up some pics to compare with it
            "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
            -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
            *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
            172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
            New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
              started cleanning up and cataloging all the parts for my kia transmition swap

I plan on posting as many of the differences sa i can, ill be cracking it open next weekend, sadly since i dont own a regular G i need someone who does to post up some pics to compare with it
              Im watching this one, keep us posted

Comment

if you can use a digital caliper i'll help you compare the differences, i've got numerous spare gearsets laying around
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

so I tried heat on the sound deadner, yeah, it sucks. got a blister and burn. so I guess I'll spend some money and try the dry ice method. also started pulling wires I don't need, starting in the trunk. so far, I've made it to the back seat lol. how many of the wires do I really need? if I go completely stand alone, I won't be using my stock guage cluster, I'll create my own. I'll only need the engine harness just for simplicity sake. wish I had a camera, this is fun!
                  No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Got my roof antenae mounted.

Comment

rear roof antenae

Comment

Change the oil and put a new 02 sensor on.
                        -Donnie-

Comment

saturday i cleaned the engine bay & i still can't quite figure out WTF isn't right with it. misses & sometimes even dies. dried out as much as i could do right after washing it, all the plugs have been cleaned. i think i fried out my plugs, might be my wires tho

tonight i replaced the coil, distributer, & cleaned the plugs. still not sure whats up, it runs alot better with the coil & disty, but still sputters. tommorow i'll check out other plugs.

Comment

saturday i cleaned the engine bay & i still can't quite figure out WTF isn't right with it. misses & sometimes even dies. dried out as much as i could do right after washing it, all the plugs have been cleaned. i think i fried out my plugs, might be my wires tho

tonight i replaced the coil, distributer, & cleaned the plugs. still not sure whats up, it runs alot better with the coil & disty, but still sputters. tommorow i'll check out other plugs.
                            does it sputter under boost or all the time?

Comment

That's scarry.

It's those damned autolite plugs!

Sorry to hear of you trouble.
                              What should we do in the future to avoid water into the wrong places?

I also like a clean engine bay.

BTW, the EGT engine I believe has had antifreeze on the pistons, they are too clean. I have also consulted with a local mechanic, and he agrees with me.

What do you think?

David
                              David
                              sigpic Ky

Comment

pulled apart more of my kia trans.......the last ****er to wn this never changed the gear lube at all. I got alot of cleaning to do before i start cataloging anything else. I did notice the case, along with alot of parts stamped K24T that gos for the BP in the kias to, I dont know the significants of it yet
                                "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                                -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                                *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                                172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                                New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Working...
                                X