Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to the junkyard with my brother...he got another trans for his MX-6, and I got 2 rear door rubber bumpers as one of mine was missing. I installed the one I needed when I got home.

I call this a productive day, though I haven't driven the car since Wednesday. It needs an oil change next.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Ahh WTF, OK, I drive the car to work today, well, to pick up my uniforms before work. I noticed it's driving odd, and somehow I've gone 240 someodd miles with almost half a tank left.

So, it felt and sounded different for some reason. I decided to look at the AFM...looked ok but idled smoother a touch richer. So I did that, drive it around the block, it's still sounding like crap, raspy as hell like the exhaust is still cold but it's not. Anyway, I give up, and pull on the driveway. I look down and notice the temp is now 3/4 on the way to overheating. WTF?! Pop the hood and my fan won't turn on. Just my luck. So I park it back on the street and here I am.

Any ideas? I swear the fan worked on Wednesday when I drove it in stop and go traffic and all. How the hell could it just stop working without me driving it?

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
        Ahh WTF, OK, I drive the car to work today, well, to pick up my uniforms before work. I noticed it's driving odd, and somehow I've gone 240 someodd miles with almost half a tank left.

So, it felt and sounded different for some reason. I decided to look at the AFM...looked ok but idled smoother a touch richer. So I did that, drive it around the block, it's still sounding like crap, raspy as hell like the exhaust is still cold but it's not. Anyway, I give up, and pull on the driveway. I look down and notice the temp is now 3/4 on the way to overheating. WTF?! Pop the hood and my fan won't turn on. Just my luck. So I park it back on the street and here I am.

Any ideas? I swear the fan worked on Wednesday when I drove it in stop and go traffic and all. How the hell could it just stop working without me driving it?
        Time to hook up a fan switch for days like this.
        c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

disconnect the fan, take some jumper wires and connect them to the fan and the battery and see if it works.

you could start from there...
          DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Well I need to replace the fan with a slim one for when I turbo it...maybe I'll just buy one tomarrow and wire it up...if it still don't work then I'll do something else...switch maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
              Well I need to replace the fan with a slim one for when I turbo it...maybe I'll just buy one tomarrow and wire it up...if it still don't work then I'll do something else...switch maybe.

I learned my lesson from my S-10 with a 327 smallblock. Even though it had dual slimline fans sometimes it would over heat , found out the temp sensor was picky , well after being stranded on the side of the road for 5 hours I went home and wired in a manual overide switch and replaced the coolant temp sensor. Never got stranded again.
              c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Randolfo..your still working on ur turbo project? Holy **** man..how long is it gonna take u?
                Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
                  Randolfo..your still working on ur turbo project? Holy **** man..how long is it gonna take u?
                  Aww well I donno. I'm lazy...I wouldn't call it "working" as now I'm still gathering parts. I don't have a single part of turbo-nage on my car yet. I need a wideband, or 5 wire O2 sensor...I need a lot of stuff and I don't know what it all is yet.

I think instead of having to buy/find lots of intercooler piping, I'll use hoses, just like a stock MX-6 setup. I'm only gonna be running 8psi or less, and if I decide to run more I can change it later...hoses would be 5 bazillion times easier than pipes anyway. Luckily I got a few pipes that I can cut up as necessary, but I think most of it will be hoses.

It's taking me so long because I don't spend money. If I felt like spending money it would have been done already. I swear it *should* be all together before school starts.

Comment

Today, I bought one gtx head bp26 with a vj23 turbo, and this week i will get a 1.8 soch block to be rebore with wiseco 8.6:1 piston kit.

I'm not sure about what i must use for the fuel management, some says gtr ecu, other says gtx ecu with safc2 and other my stock bp ecu with safc2. Personnaly, i thing gtr ecu is hell to install...the wiring diagram is just not the same as the bp wiring...there are many other circuit and its a ****ing big job...for the gtx ecu...i just dont know...and me i think using my ecu with safc2 will be alright...
                    older Mazda Protegé '93

http://doommm.monchar.com
                    now - protegé gt 91 vj23

Comment

Originally posted by Doommmmazda
                      Today, I bought one gtx head bp26 with a vj23 turbo, and this week i will get a 1.8 soch block to be rebore with wiseco 8.6:1 piston kit.

I'm not sure about what i must use for the fuel management, some says gtr ecu, other says gtx ecu with safc2 and other my stock bp ecu with safc2. Personnaly, i thing gtr ecu is hell to install...the wiring diagram is just not the same as the bp wiring...there are many other circuit and its a ****ing big job...for the gtx ecu...i just dont know...and me i think using my ecu with safc2 will be alright...
                      well, i have talked to alex about using my stock ecu and a SAFC2, but we think it is too much of a jump from 230CC injectors to 460CC (RX7) ones. most people have the stock ECU and then have the GTX engine and injectors so it's only 230CC to 330CC. but 230CC to 460CC is too big of a jump and the SAFC2 can't control that big of a jump. so you would at least need to have the GTX ecu and then a SAFC2 to run the GTR turbo and 460CC injectors. or you can just do like me and go all out and get the Haltech E8.
                      Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Originally posted by 92dx
                        disconnect the fan, take some jumper wires and connect them to the fan and the battery and see if it works.

you could start from there...
                        Tried it, and it works. Still won't turn on at idle...fan switch failed? I'll find out when my dad gets home.

Comment

Haltech E8????
                          older Mazda Protegé '93

http://doommm.monchar.com
                          now - protegé gt 91 vj23

Comment

Originally posted by Doommmmazda
                            Haltech E8????
                            yeah, it's the one that is a step above the E6X. it has data logging and a little bit more advanced features on it then the E6X. most people don't want to spend the money for it cuz it's 1300.
                            Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

i would...
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

i hit 140,000 miles
                                ClubProtege

Comment

Working...
                                X