Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me Ryan, are you gonna do anything about the rust on the chasis?...or just wait until it rots apart, then pass all those goodies onto the next 323?

Comment

I'm diggin' those nice shiny knuckles!!! Here's a question for you. Do you have a bead blaster yourself, or do you take them somewhere?

Because I've got a pair that I'm planning on getting cleaned up, with new bearings/hubs in them, and would like to get them clean like that.

But, keeping in topic:

sunday, took second place in my class at an autocross, after only getting three of the six runs. stupid speedo gears breaking off and lodging in front of the shifter control rod just suck. Got beat by a porsche 911 by .4 seconds. go figure.

last night, took the good driver-side knuckle off of the wagon, and put the one with the bad bearing back in. Car's parked for a bit, since I've got to drop the tranny, split it open, and get the broken-off speedo gear out of the way of the shifter control rod, so it can go into 2-4-R, or 1-2-5, depending on where it's gotten sloshed to in the tranny.

tonight, I took 25 minutes to pull the bad knuckle out of the 92 EGT and put the original good one back in, the one that I took off and put on the wagon a couple months ago.

tomorrow, bleeding the brakes on the 92 EGT, and checking to make sure that the new fuel pump sender o-ring is properly sealed this time, so I can put a full tank of gas in it.

--sarge

Comment

I wire wheeled my GTX spindles and repainted them, but never used them. They don't look as good as Ryan's, but still much better than what they were.
        2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Originally posted by 92dx
          since someone decided to alter my post, they shouldve just deleted it. Ill do the honors.

nevemind got your post confused with somebody else's, don't think I saw yours.
          2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Originally posted by Silentbob343
            nevemind go your post confused with somebody else's, don't think I saw yours.

What did it say?

Comment

I was looking at DJ_PaRaNoIsEresponse in my email and thought it was 92dx's, but I got it wrong, my bad.
              2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Originally posted by madmax_2069
                i had the same damn problem with my replacement rad i got from advanced, i took it out the box and the nipple where the overdlow goes was just hanging there, so i had them replace it. the damn thind was $150 and it was in that shape. so far the replacement is holding well

That's funny, mine was from Advanced Autoparts too.

So part two, the saga continues.

I get a good radiator tonight, install it, start it up, and the fan doesn't come on. I watch the temp guage rise above halfway, so I shut the car off. Then I went and got a thermostat. Fixed!

In my car, the horn was stuck on as I drove to work and all around town today. That was fun. I disconnected it for now. NEED TO BUY A JDM MOMO WHEEL!

Comment

I wire wheeled my GTX spindles and repainted them, but never used them. They don't look as good as Ryan's, but still much better than what they were.

Are these real gtx spindles? Cause If you dont have a 4wd bg the offset for the tie rod ends are different. Unless you get a 4wd rack& pinion it will never match up. Trust me I tried to put the gtr 5 lug conversion on my car and it didnt match at all. I didnt feel like getting different arms for my rack & pinion so I got rx7 calipers instead.(still not installed. Match a usdm spindle w/a jdm gtx one you'll see what I mean.
                  1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                  http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                    That's funny, mine was from Advanced Autoparts too.

So part two, the saga continues.

I get a good radiator tonight, install it, start it up, and the fan doesn't come on. I watch the temp guage rise above halfway, so I shut the car off. Then I went and got a thermostat. Fixed!

In my car, the horn was stuck on as I drove to work and all around town today. That was fun. I disconnected it for now. NEED TO BUY A JDM MOMO WHEEL!
                    Oh man that happened to me over the winter. Get in the car at the train station and the damn horn starts going off by itself. Beat on the steering wheel and it stops. Make my way out of the parking garage and every single bump sets the damn horn off. I get on the highway and it seems to have stopped for good.

Get home and park the car Around 10 the damn horn starts blaring in my driveway. I run outside trying to find my tool box to take off the steering wheel cover. Can't find the right size screw driver so I say screw it and disconnect the battery. I then spend the next 30-45 minutes trying to reach the horn wire in below freezing weather. My hands were like blocks of ice........man that sucked.

To this day the horn is still disconnected. I really need to fix it the right way as there have been several instances where it would've come in handy.
                    2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Originally posted by Proto420
                      Are these real gtx spindles? Cause If you dont have a 4wd bg the offset for the tie rod ends are different. Unless you get a 4wd rack& pinion it will never match up. Trust me I tried to put the gtr 5 lug conversion on my car and it didnt match at all. I didnt feel like getting different arms for my rack & pinion so I got rx7 calipers instead.(still not installed. Match a usdm spindle w/a jdm gtx one you'll see what I mean.
                      Already know and that is why they are listed in the freebies section. So far it looks as if Clean 4WD has dibs on them.
                      2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Already know and that is why they are listed in the freebies section. So far it looks as if Clean 4WD has dibs on them.

Cool. I just didnt want to sound like I know it all. I just didnt want you to tare into your car and find out like I did that they dont work.
                        1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

hi all.. im newbee here from malaysia

just to share with u all..

using year 92 BG 4 doors BPT.

last months installed components

- FWD GB B6T lsd - previous FWD 1.6 carb sohc GB
                          - Apexi pen turbo timer
                          - Injection Feul Tank - previous carb tank
                          - Walbro feul pump
                          - Sard feul regulator
                          - Bg arch whele
                          - Mazda Pu sideskirt
                          - BG enfini grill
                          - Flip side mirror
                          - Rear disc brake - previous drum
                          - Brake master pump double layer
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander525
                            hi all.. im newbee here from malaysia

just to share with u all..

using year 92 BG 4 doors BPT.

last months installed components

- FWD GB B6T lsd - previous FWD 1.6 carb sohc GB
                            - Apexi pen turbo timer
                            - Injection Feul Tank - previous carb tank
                            - Walbro feul pump
                            - Sard feul regulator
                            - Bg arch whele
                            - Mazda Pu sideskirt
                            - BG enfini grill
                            - Flip side mirror
                            - Rear disc brake - previous drum
                            - Brake master pump double layer
                            Nice car....where's the pic???
                            '03 Protege5 sunlight silver
                            '07 Mazdaspeed3 black mica

Comment

Originally posted by Proto420
                              Cool. I just didnt want to sound like I know it all. I just didnt want you to tare into your car and find out like I did that they dont work.
                              I appreciate you looking out. lol, funny you mention trying save me from tearing apart the car........I did it a while back

If you search my user name you can see my freak out post. Where were you months ago
                              Last edited by Silentbob343; 07-26-2006, 08:05 PM.
                              2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay
                                Nice car....where's the pic???

Comment

Working...
                                X