Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I ruptured the coolant bypass.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never mind the gauge went back to normal. I was thinking oil cooler hose with steel braided cover or thermo wrap to protect it from the intense heat of the exhaust manifold.
    Last edited by Dijadoit; 08-05-2008, 01:03 AM.

Comment

yeah you need to have that bypass hose as it regulates the folow when the thermostat is open if you remove the steel line off the back of the water pump by a 12 mm bolt by the exhaust and a 17 mm top gearbox bolt and the heater hose and also a hose up to the throttle body you will find that its corroded throuygh due to lack of antifreeze you can probably just get it brazed up.

Comment

Originally posted by insomnia View Post
        yeah you need to have that bypass hose as it regulates the folow when the thermostat is open if you remove the steel line off the back of the water pump by a 12 mm bolt by the exhaust and a 17 mm top gearbox bolt and the heater hose and also a hose up to the throttle body you will find that its corroded throuygh due to lack of antifreeze you can probably just get it brazed up.
        Do you mean the return hose on the backside of the engine by the fire wall that is a pain in the ass to get to? If so, that hose blew early this year and was replaced.

Comment

Working...
        X