Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BG today? (Part 5)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stylingtwagon View Post
    heard my bpt run in my lx wagon for the first time . stupid china boost controllers ! it was turned all the way down and still spike at 12 psi isnt it soupposed to be 8.8 psi stock ?
    Yes without a boost contoller and sidemount ic it will be 8 psi.
    You should of first start the car on stock boost so you know that things are properly set and functioning, especially when working on somthing that your not familar with. And why would you want a boost controllrer to controll the motor at 8psi when it can pull 10psi without a boost controller with only a fmic and exhaust. This is why you contact someone who knows whats up before you break something or waste $$. just my 2 cents.

But glad to hear its running.
    Last edited by TurboProto; 01-04-2009, 02:54 AM.
    1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

heard my bpt run in my lx wagon for the first time . stupid china boost controllers ! it was turned all the way down and still spike at 12 psi isnt it soupposed to be 8.8 psi stock ?
      i guess someone is not going to be able to make it to his own meet lol j/k
      like lil wayne says: i wish i can **** every girl in the world.

Comment

i i know it would suck blowing my spare motor id have to pull the other one i have out of the garage and put that one in the worst part of that would be putting my cherry picker back together . i did not know a boost controller would let the boost creep up from stock hinse the name BOOST CONTROLLER
        unlike some of u this is my first rodeo so im learning as i go no one is leading me i just read the fourms ok well no sometimes just look at the pictures LOL
        but no steve u are right i do need a pro to watch over my steps so i dont make a mistake unfortunatly i cant afford one right now and all of my local friends are n/a guys except rioracer hes working on a vj-11 project on his kia
        i just like mounting stuff when i actually have the time i am an on call plumber i never know when ill get a free 5 min to work on my car latly its been every 3 weeks .

Comment

Worked on my 323 for 13 hours! The "Bottle holes" are history. (rust holes under the coolant over flow and windshield washer bottle(s) [front and rear]. I made Bristol board molds and created new inner fender bottoms with fiberglass. They turned out really good looking and strong. (after the fiberglass sets you remove the Bristol board to reveal a new molded-to part). I want the car to be very clean, so I spent a few hours stripping the goo off the bottom of the floor. I was bored and black (I am usually white). I will leave the rest for another day. The left rear quarter had a rusty lip. I ground out the bad metal and started to repair it. I patched some small holes on both of the rear inner fenders. I started to prep the engine compartment for paint. I uncovered 3 dime size holes in the engine compartment that need patching. I really was hoping to have the bottom of the car finished, but I have at least a couple of more days work down-under. Both rear shock towers have a hole in them, I discovered while wire brushing them with a grinder. The drivers side one is more of a cosmetic hole. (A small hole in the inner structure). The passenger side has a matching hole plus a kidney shaped hole in the upper strut plate. I also discovered a hole in the right front inner fender where the shock tower was welded to the car. Time to put away the fiberglass and break out the mig welder. The engine swap project has officially turned into a total restoration.
          Last edited by IMACHU2; 01-04-2009, 02:22 PM. Reason: cna't sepll
          Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

Took the old intake manni off and found the exhaust leak. The damn thing was cracked. Good thing I snagged a whole auto intake manni with 4 wire tps . It's on. I'm just in stuck mode now. I have no razor too cut the old pigtail off Waiting for next door to get home.
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Today I back flushed the heater core, hooked up the hose one way and I had flow but not great, let it run for a bit, and then back flushed, man the crud that came out of that little core. Now runs full bore either direction and I now have a toasty car. Downside is I have a frozen mess in my driveway.

It was damn cold out there.

Pat.
              sigpic

Comment

i i know it would suck blowing my spare motor id have to pull the other one i have out of the garage and put that one in the worst part of that would be putting my cherry picker back together . i did not know a boost controller would let the boost creep up from stock hinse the name BOOST CONTROLLER
                unlike some of u this is my first rodeo so im learning as i go no one is leading me i just read the fourms ok well no sometimes just look at the pictures LOL
                but no steve u are right i do need a pro to watch over my steps so i dont make a mistake unfortunatly i cant afford one right now and all of my local friends are n/a guys except rioracer hes working on a vj-11 project on his kia
                i just like mounting stuff when i actually have the time i am an on call plumber i never know when ill get a free 5 min to work on my car latly its been every 3 weeks .
                Sounds like it's time for you to do some reading on how things work before you blow your car up.
                sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

too late i put the vaccum line from the charge pipe fixed my fuel pump issue and was backing out the drive way for the first real test drive and noticed it wont go into first only fourth and neutral so i babyed it back up driveway shut it off and relized what had happend .
                  when me and rioracer remover old engine i pulled out spedo sensor and long and be hold the gear and metal clip ! on the speedo sensor were gone (they fell down into tranny ) so for my first test run i had a bad #1 spark plug wire
                  and i didnt leave 1 gear bet 1 got to feel at least 3 cyclinders of boost i brought it back fixed the wire then thats when i tryed to leave again and the tranny was stuck but i already have a guy selling me another tranny for 50
                  bucks i just have to wait two weeks which is better anyway because the stock gt clutch is in this tranny and it didnt have much life left so now ill wait two weeks get the good tranny buy a desent clutch and be better off than i was in the begining ya i didnt quite understand how the boost controll worked rioracer came over explained it and we hooked it up right .so the engine runs perfect but i cant leave the drive way ohh well ive waited 8 months whats another 2 or 3 weeks gonna matter .

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                    Took the old intake manni off and found the exhaust leak. The damn thing was cracked. Good thing I snagged a whole auto intake manni with 4 wire tps . It's on. I'm just in stuck mode now. I have no razor too cut the old pigtail off Waiting for next door to get home.
                    You mean the intake leak right? Can you get a pic showing where the manifold is cracked? I was suspecting something similar may be causing some issues for me.

Comment

too late i put the vaccum line from the charge pipe fixed my fuel pump issue and was backing out the drive way for the first real test drive and noticed it wont go into first only fourth and neutral so i babyed it back up driveway shut it off and relized what had happend .
                      when me and rioracer remover old engine i pulled out spedo sensor and long and be hold the gear and metal clip ! on the speedo sensor were gone (they fell down into tranny ) so for my first test run i had a bad #1 spark plug wire
                      and i didnt leave 1 gear bet 1 got to feel at least 3 cyclinders of boost i brought it back fixed the wire then thats when i tryed to leave again and the tranny was stuck but i already have a guy selling me another tranny for 50
                      bucks i just have to wait two weeks which is better anyway because the stock gt clutch is in this tranny and it didnt have much life left so now ill wait two weeks get the good tranny buy a desent clutch and be better off than i was in the begining ya i didnt quite understand how the boost controll worked rioracer came over explained it and we hooked it up right .so the engine runs perfect but i cant leave the drive way ohh well ive waited 8 months whats another 2 or 3 weeks gonna matter .

pull tranny remove gear and clip, i had the same thing happen. your tranny should be fine
                      sigpic

Comment

i dont know how to take apart a yranny let alone put it back together ? is it hard do i need to buy seals or gaskets ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
                          You mean the intake leak right? Can you get a pic showing where the manifold is cracked? I was suspecting something similar may be causing some issues for me.
                          If you look at the front of the na manni there's 2 bolts that hold the top half to the bottom. the bolt closest to the tb it the 1 that I couldn't get to bolt down because part of the threads were missing. Well that "post" was cracked in half, that's why it wouldn't bolt down. Well since that was cracked it just got worse. The actual "crack" went down into the runner. I'll take a pic if you want too see.

Today I replaced the whole intake manni(yes it can be done without taking the fuel rail out but its a bitch) and did a 4 wire tps conversion. Talk about night and day. Thanks Shawn(bomdoutscort) and ryan(bpt323) for the help.
                          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Today I replaced the whole intake manni(yes it can be done without taking the fuel rail out but its a bitch) and did a 4 wire tps conversion. Talk about night and day. Thanks Shawn(bomdoutscort) and ryan(bpt323) for the help.
                            what does installing the 4 wire tps gain???

Comment

If you look at the front of the na manni there's 2 bolts that hold the top half to the bottom. the bolt closest to the tb it the 1 that I couldn't get to bolt down because part of the threads were missing. Well that "post" was cracked in half, that's why it wouldn't bolt down. Well since that was cracked it just got worse. The actual "crack" went down into the runner. I'll take a pic if you want too see.

hey i helped some too :p

glad you got it in and working
                              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

how hard is it to dissassemble a tranny ?

Comment

Working...
                                X