Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changed the oil (it was down like 1.25 quarts after 3500 miles, ugh) and ziptied the rear bumper back together
    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	gtr snow.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1239291

Click image for larger version

Name:	this is fine.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	1239292

welp.
      sigpic

Comment

nice snow!! i like the way it has nifty holes in it & that portion of color
        ( i feel your pain)
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

AFM is ****ed, so that's nice.
          sigpic

Comment

was it left uncovered??
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

one of my full-boost mis-shift adventures blew the cover off the top of it, I never bothered replacing it.

also never expected my engine bay to turn into a snowbank, sooooooo

I mean, if this happened last year too, I'm not going to worry about it, since it started and ran perfectly a few months ago after sitting for over a year
              sigpic

Comment

pull it off & dry it out. spray it down with something that will force the water away but isn't flammable/corrosive to electronics.

worst case scenario you have to pull it apart & clean it up/ re-RTV the bottom back on

Comment

it's pretty buried and I don't care, so I'll get to it eventually.

once it gets warmer I'm cutting the motor out of the car and saving it for an FC, so idgaf haha
                  sigpic

Comment

64 degrees, unbelievable, so I cleaned out the back seat and the trunk, both having turned in to a storage bay. Much cleaning and recycling later the car is a car again and not a storage unit.

Now what to do with my extra rear strut bar...

By the way Atomic, looking good. I should be having that type of weather out here. Odd year.
                    1990 Mazda Protege LX, owned since new

Comment

That's a beautiful picture Atomic, belongs in an art gallery!
                      I finally got the car back on the road, been driving it and when I got to work, I put the key in the trunk to get my work grip and boots, and the key snapped.
                      Got a ride home thinking I was going to have to swap out the lock set there at work, but found a spare I didn't know I had.

So project for today is put my NOS lock/key set in with the new ignition lock cylinder and ignition switch.
                      Mazda
                      1988 Black 323 GT
                      DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

why not just remove the trunk cylinder & have the key taken out at a shop???? that'll be a hell of alot less hassle.

Comment

I broke a nut breaker on my exhaust today. I honestly have no idea how I'm going to separate it. I don't think I will. When I get back to the mainland I'll probably just mod the 4-2-1 pacesetter to not suck(give it a flex pipe and mill the flange).

Fixed an issue with my control arm bushings, look for my gripe in my previous thread.

I also fixed a water leak, although I think my radiator may be leaking from the end caps at present, but that's only at "16+psi" according to the pressure tester I was using.

And I riveted my under panel tray that had been held together by zip ties.
                          Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                          kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                          Originally posted by HopelessCow
                          there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                          Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

yo nerds, probably moving to somewhere I can't do much work on the car in the fall (no garage, no air tools)

what kinda **** do I need to do to this ****er so I don't have to work on it ever?

already on the list:
                            -timing belt/idler/tensioner
                            -tie rods (just outer for now, maybe inners too)
                            -rebuild K-Sports
                            -possibly replace transmission/clutch/flywheel (diff makes spaceship noises)
                            -figure out where the coolant is going

I'm sure I can do brakes and oil changes and **** like that there, what am I missing?
                            sigpic

Comment

Wheel bearings

half shaft bearing

replace the axles while they're out

Go ahead and do the inner tie rods ****s not hard

Steering rack bushings

front sway bar bushings

ball joints

front/rear engine mount depending on age/looks

Do the oil cooler water lines if they're over 5 year old.
                              Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                              kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                              Originally posted by HopelessCow
                              there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                              Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

You could man up and work outside with hand tools.
                                1990 Protege 4WD
                                GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                                ├┼┤
                                2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
                                X