Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grabbed a strut bar off an 01mp5 at my work today wooo.
    '91 Grey 323 B6 5 Speed - CRUSHED
    '93 Red/Green 323 B6 5 Speed - DD
    '91 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L Auto 4x4 5" Lift - Rec. Rig
    '76 Plymouth Scamp 225 Slant Six 3 Speed on Floor - Non Snow DD / Awaiting Turbo & T5

Comment

Anyone know of any BJ parts that fit the BG? Shame to crush the P5 if there are usable parts.
      '91 Grey 323 B6 5 Speed - CRUSHED
      '93 Red/Green 323 B6 5 Speed - DD
      '91 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L Auto 4x4 5" Lift - Rec. Rig
      '76 Plymouth Scamp 225 Slant Six 3 Speed on Floor - Non Snow DD / Awaiting Turbo & T5

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	12231180_10205387826595757_1818079145_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	1241649

bought this gauge because of reasons.
        sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
        92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

took my car through the car wash just in time for the heavy rain (that almost ruined my day- the Dolphin has ****ty drain-off and an ML next to me kicked up a sheet of water so I was blind for a few seconds, that was fun).

SFL dudes, any recommendation for a touchless carwash in Miami? the place I went to today ripped a chunk of my rear bumper loose, haha
          sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	12274414_10205402202435144_6885118412106869812_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	1241654

+5 for mad JDM style, -2 for putting the gauge in crooked. le whoops.

also I haven't wired it yet, I was going to use butt connectors since there's no easy way for me to get a soldering iron out to the car but that seems kinda sketchy so I figured I'd deal with it later.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]66665[/ATTACH]

there's no easy way for me to get a soldering iron out to the car but that seems kinda sketchy so I figured I'd deal with it later.
              Get a butane iron. They're great. Heat up stupid quick, and you can use the exhaust to do heat shrink tubing.

This is the one I have. I fill it with ****ty camping butane because I'm a dirtbag and I still haven't killed the first can yet.
              Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
              kitty, you are a hilarious woman
              Originally posted by HopelessCow
              there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
              Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

oh ****, good call. I used one of those back in the day to do the instrument cluster wiring on my old turbo EGT because it was too hard to get a regular iron back there... though I think I just used the flame and not the attachment because of reasons?
                sigpic

Comment

ordered some more unnecessary **** for the car today. gonna go out and dick with the RAP module later to see if I can figure out what's causing my keyless entry issues. all the buttons in the car work fine (door locks and trunk release), remote works sometimes, but it's like the car keeps forgetting the programming. works fine at the start of my shift at work and doesn't when I get out, or sometimes it'll work for a few days and then just stop. I've changed the battery in the remote a few times, and I have new remotes on the way, but somehow I don't think that's the problem. almost wondering if it's getting wet and it's ****ing with the wiring- there's a leak into the trunk from the radio antenna, and IIRC the RAP module is right underneath it... plus I live in Miami so it's always ****ing raining.
                  sigpic

Comment

I get problems with my buick remote when my son tries to eat it. It doesnt like getting wet. Dont know if your remote got wet?

Comment

nah never
                      sigpic

Comment

Been waiting almost 2 weeks for these!
                        Manual EVERYTHING...

Comment

So..... i'm just going to go out on a limb and guess it's easier to take the trans with the motor on it's way out if you're coming out the top? Crank Pulled hitting passenger side of engine bay, and trans won't budge far enough to drivers side to separate... (also took me a lil bit to realize there was a bolt holding the starter there keeping everybody connected)

Too damn cold now to continue. hopefully it gets above 45f tomorrow..
                          1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                          Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                          "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

wait, what? what are you trying to do? if you want to drop the trans, you can leave the passenger motor mount hooked up and just angle the **** down and you have plenty of room. motor and trans can come out through the top or out the bottom as a unit, either way works
                            sigpic

Comment

taking engine out. feelings like trans with it is a better deal. wanted to avoid any unnecessary work previously though.
                              1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                              Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                              "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

yeah, engine+trans at once is the easiest way to do it for sure
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X