Dealer wont honor recall!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
    I understand how well that will work but why spend 50-100 for that when you can get the part for less than 20?
    +1

I paid $10 or something for mine...installed it myself and learned things in the process!!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

I fixed my seat belts. The symptom the car had was the twitching of the drivers belt while driving and the light staying on constantly. What I did was first find a blue print of the system and trace everything to make sure. What I found out was the seat belt control unit under the drivers seat was malfunctioning. When I took the circuit board out of the metal case everything started working just fine. What I did was wrap it in some non conductive material and reinstalled everything.

According to Mazda's diagnostic the problem was the door switch and the center console unit. What turned out was having my car checked for a recalled turned into a diagnostic that was wrong and now they don't want to refund no portion of the 100 dollars I paid them.

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
        I understand how well that will work but why spend 50-100 for that when you can get the part for less than 20?
        less than 20???

they go for 75+ around me and they have 20 years of use on them. or 100 dollars and you have new ones, installed for you.

realistically I dont know if there is an actual recall for this, I would be interested to see the actual recall information.
        There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

Working...
        X