Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1000 dollars to rebuild/improve. what to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ur dad is just giving u a grand and painting ur car, wow wut a nice parent u lucky bastard j/p
    i is dumb

Comment

he is either doin that or gonna give me 2k for a new car...and why would i want to get rid of a perfectly good car?

Comment

yeah well i dont think my dad has ever givin me more then 10 bux or so and he hasnt paid for anything on my car ever. thats why i think ur lucky
        i is dumb

Comment

In one of my other posts in this forum I posted an Engine Re-ring kit...comes w/ rings, all gaskets and bearings for only $220. That would leave you plenty to get a valve job, and p&p. Are you going to be doing the labor, or are you letting someone else do it? It'll run about $300 just to get your block re-assembled so think about it..

This is what I plan on doing in about a month or so. That and when I pull apart the head find out what the **** the creaking noise is that is coming from it.

Comment

Get the Re-ring kit, new bearings on the bottom end, buy the head for like 50 bones, get that **** rebuiltand ATLEAST get some solid lifters, if not both them and the Miata cams.
            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

I would say get a good stand alone system ..

then practice tuning at the track. Get to know everything about tuning and then go and get your head ported and polished with a 5 angle.
              Then go back to tuning and tune some more.
              do a dyno and post it on the board for everyone to envy.
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

get a new hood to start, lol and fix everything thats wrong with the car, ie: belts, hoses, CLUTCH!!! and so on.
                .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                225.94wtq
                torque monster!!!!
                dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Would you even see bigger gains with a five angle? Wouldn't it be alot more wiser to spend the money elsewhere? I'm not sure that is why I am asking. I heard that there isn't a big increase between two angle and three angle though. Wouldnt a 5 angle job cost almost a grand?

I like the stand-alone idea though.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                    No, Samir, you're missing the point. The idea is you figure out what you'd like to do if you had a million dollars...
                    what makes you think my name is samir?

Comment

i am just gonna rebuild it. stand alone does not change the fact that its falling apart.

Comment

good point, ive done this twice on my motor it can be done in like 2 days with the right tools and some help, but when i did mine i had a friend come and p&p and bore the tb for me it cost 75 bux so it helped too.
                        i is dumb

Comment

yeah a re-build is a good idea....OR you could get a GTX w/ ECU....Then figure out the wiring your self. I just got qouted $800 for a GTX motor, but it didnt have an ECU. That was SHIPPED!! But this guy has bought both of his SR20DETs from this guy and quite a few J-spec motors. Oh yeah and the Cyclone motor I just ordered for one of my DSMs..should be here friday or monday yAy. Gonna slap that bia bia in then sell the damn car.

Comment

but if i get a gtx w/ecu i have to get piping, gaskets, fluids, welding, all kindsa **** done. more than 1k of stuff to do there

Comment

thats true, but whil you are running around in your "needin' a rebuild" motor you can be working towards the rest of that stuff. It shouldn't be more than another $500 for the rest...oh yeah and an i/c...another $100 for a decent used one. The dodge cummins i/c is a decent sized one which can be had for $200 at the dealer, or so i've heard.

Comment

eh...i really dont want the decreased reliability that comes with boosting. i drive 1000 + miles a week...

Comment

Working...
                                X