No announcement yet.

truth about zx2 shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright went searching and i have a dealership in waterloo that can get the shocks. They are priced at $254. Now thats a wicked price if i say so myself.

now i have another queston. are cars suspension is identical to the 323 hatch right?. So if i found a company that makes true coilover kits for the 323 they should fit my car right?

if this is all true then mazdaracer wont be the only one with a true coilover suspension

Comment

Yeah, I was told they were around $250/set. I paid ~$300...I was shocked to find they dropped in price!

Our suspension is same as the 90-95 323's...make sure it's for those years, because the stuff you found might be for 88-89 323 GTX and GT.

If it does fit our cars, let me know!
      My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
      - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Well that does it the 1st gen protege and 323 now has an available coilover suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by viper_707
          if this is all true then mazdaracer wont be the only one with a true coilover suspension
          i'm sure somebody else has a set too But unless this is a brand new product or one thats been very hidden, i think Mike may be right, that they are for the 88-89 323.

hit us up with a link!

Comment

Originally posted by mike_moss
            Our suspension is same as the 90-95 323's...make sure it's for those years, because the stuff you found might be for 88-89 323 GTX and GT.
            90-94 USDM
            90-95 CDM

Comment

www.hotbits.org take a look for your self. they have the gtx an gt suspension. plus just the plain ole 323 suspension

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                90-94 USDM
                90-95 CDM

Ah, thanks for the correction...I was kinda wondering about that.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

Originally posted by viper_707
                  www.hotbits.org take a look for your self. they have the gtx an gt suspension. plus just the plain ole 323 suspension
                  I poked around on their site and called the Canadian distributor (just 15mins from me in Brampton!).

Anyway, he said he can get the street race setup for $1580CDN.

He's going to shoot me an email to make sure it fits and all...that price is for the BG 323/Astina 1.8L...I figured it was the closest model.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

323 GT/1.3/1.5 1983 - 1986 HB.SS 60-205-ADJ
                    323 GTX 1.6 1986 - 1987 HB.SS 60-210-ADJ
                    323 BG/Astina 1.8 1988 - 1992 HB.SS 60-201-ADJ
                    323 BG/Astina 1.6 1993 - 1995 HB.SS 60-207-ADJ
                    Lantis 323 1.6/1.8 1995 - HB.SS 60-202-ADJ
                    323 F 1.6 2001 - HB.SS 60-212-ADJ
                    MX-5......

Those 2 should work since its for the BG model. I would go with the second one since the first one also covers 88 for some reason. The first 2 are for the GLC/GTX (BF chassis, and that is what mazdaracer was warning you about.
                    Last edited by D323; 09-15-2004, 01:18 PM. Reason: furget howe 2 speeel
                    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

I think you should go with the first (323 BG/Astina 1.8 1988 - 1992 HB.SS 60-201-ADJ) due to the fact that the spring rates and dampning may be different due to the different engine size. I will get an email confirming exactly what fits the 1st gen Protege and 90-94/95 323's.

Oh, and it's not totally shocking that they have listed under '88. I have seen '89 BG chassis cars overseas.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

89 yes, but 88?

thats a first for me.
                        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

It's not the first time I've seen things listed for '88. Either a typo or there is an '88.

Anyway, it's listed for BG chassis...and don't worry, I will be recieving an email about it.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

just like here, alot of companies list the Protege as 91-94... look forward to the info Mike.

Comment

i've got a guy done here who sell it also. i think this is what i'm gonna save up for now. I might be taking it off the road for the winter so i can rebuild the thing mayybe i can get these next spring or so

Comment

He quote the same price?

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

Working...
                                X