brake help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake help?

ok so only my right rear caliper gets stuck only when its gets really cold out, none of the other calipers get stuck ever.i have to jack the car up and tap the caliper with a hammer to get it to release i am wondering what could be causing this because it drives me crazy. and it only happens one in a while in winter please help thanks
    sigpic gtx swap,pacesetter cat back exhaust,civic short shifter,both front and rear upper strut tower bars,high flow cat,,mx-3 lower tie bar,mx-3 front seats,zxtuner poly motor mount inserts,manual seat belt conversion,mx-3 lether shift boot,

come to mazdasnw.com if you live in the northwest

did you take it apart and regrease everything?
    Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
    sigpic

Comment

temp fix spray the spring and ebrake lever (on the wheel) down with wd-40 then when you have time go and regrease everything
      Check out the Pics
      sigpic
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=228
      Mazda's Rule Honda's Drool

Comment

You got broken e-brake lines with water in them. I had to replace mine, wasnt cheap.
        BP-05 Turbo-Sold
        2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

ya i will grease every thing up and no my lines are not broken thanks for the help
          sigpic gtx swap,pacesetter cat back exhaust,civic short shifter,both front and rear upper strut tower bars,high flow cat,,mx-3 lower tie bar,mx-3 front seats,zxtuner poly motor mount inserts,manual seat belt conversion,mx-3 lether shift boot,

come to mazdasnw.com if you live in the northwest

Comment

I should have been more clear. There is the cable and a hollow tube that houses the cable. I bet the tube has a crack, or is leaking from one of the ends. Greasing isnt going to do much. Try to find a set at the j/y perhaps.
            BP-05 Turbo-Sold
            2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Does this happen with E brake when engaged?

How long has it been sense you flushed brake fluid? Might be water in fluid.
              Mx3 RS,BP-turbo
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805

Comment

Working...
              X