No announcement yet.

Kev's '98 Protege Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clear lights turn up on eBay pretty often too. Either in zenki or chuki style, never kouki.

Comment

What? What are the other two styles?

Comment

Clear 95-96, clear fluted 97-98 (JDM style), crystal clear 97-98 (later JDM style)

These are not available on eBay, unless someone happens to be selling a legit pair of JDM units

However, these are pretty easy to find
        Last edited by firelizard; 07-07-2012, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Didn't know there were different styles. Thanks for the info.

Comment

i can't tell a difference personally
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

The difference is more obvious in person. The ones in the bottom picture are identical to the orange corners, except made with clear plastic, and the JDM units have the bulge vs. clear versions of the US lamps. The later models have a completely clear lense with the 4 thin lines across it, which match the completely clear headlights.

Comment

I need to find the crystal clear corners

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                  i can't tell a difference personally
                  Think Look for the bulge.
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Heh heh. Bulge.

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Since my thread is getting some action again, any reasons for my car to be overheating?

When I replaced my bumper I didn't put the license plate bracket in so I just zip tied it to the slats in the lower part of the bumper. I thought at first it was blocking air from getting to the radiator, so I double sided taped it to upper part of the bumper. That didn't help. Water level is fine, no leaks. When I turn on the heater it helps cool the it down. The radiator fan works, so does the A/C fan. I'm going to try straightening out the A/C condenser fins soon, they look like they could be blocking some airflow. Any other ideas?

Comment

I link I have a problem...

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1343060302619.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	1233149

Comment

Looks like you're missing a piece.

Comment

Not missing anything. Just broke off in front of the catalytic converter. I sort half-assed it back together. A hose clamp, strip of aluminum steel and exhaust tape. Still leaks, but not nearly as loud. And now my Check Engine light is on :/

Comment

Put my USDM turn signals back on until I can get a new set of JDM ones. Driver's side doesn't work, so I'll look into that tomorrow. Piece of ****.

Comment

Might be getting out of the Protege scene for a bit. Everything is falling apart at once and I'm not in a financial position to take care of it all right now. It runs, but has a busted exhaust that I ghetto-rigged back together, over heats, suspension is more or less shot, leaks oil, quarter panels and passenger side rocker or rusted to **** plus the accident damage from a few months back that hast been fixed yet, etc. It will have to do for now, but I'll probably be tearing it apart and scrapping it within the next couple months and looking for a cheap mode of transportation. Another Protege? I hope, but almost anything would do.

Comment

Working...
                                X