Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is MSD Ignition Installation supposed to be hell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

319-335 55 85. please call me in the afternoon since I am very busy in the morning.

Attn: Marcio
    Ex-nitrado, now only CAIdo

Comment

Thanks homie, the mechanic will probably call you later tonight. I'll tell him only in da afternoon. Any certain time?
      Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

... the later the better.

peace,

marcio

Comment

So marcio, i dont need it eh?

Comment

man, give me a call we could talk better. BTW are you in texas? I will be moving to Houston in the end of january... call me and we can talk better:

319 335 55 85

peace,

marcio

Comment

apparently your distributor is different from mine. According to him, he reached the coil and it has shown 3 wires where mine showed only 2, the + and the -. My advice to you know is, sell the MSD and MSd coil since everybody in the planet wants to buy them, and you may be able to sell them on ebay for a much better price than the price you paid for. Why am I saying that? Well the risk involved in connecting it wrongly could cost you a new ECU, injectors or both. The costs of a distributor like mine is about 200-500 (used - new). The gains in torque and HP are minimal since our engines are small (70-75 wHP). I am sorry I could not help you with that one, but please, fell free to call me to discuss more about what to do or something, ok?

peace out,

Marcio

Comment

... and for a peace of mind, if you have one distributor available , send that to me so that I could take a look myself, ok?

marcio.

Comment

Hey.... I talked to the original shop who tried to work on it and they told me they are stlil going to charge me 300 dollars for not installing it lol. I mean if they couldn't put the bitch in, should I have to pay 300 damn dollars? Thats kinda outta there. Wouldn't you agree wit me? My teacher is an attorney so he's callin them up for me He's going to talk to them hehe. And if I can atke pics of the distributor or get one i'll try and either send it to u or send pics. To tell you the truth, i'm thinkin it may not be possible to install it in 1.5l's thats probably y :/

Comment

there are so many things different in the same car, same model, same year.... unbelievable...

I have it installed man, what in the hell you have three wires in there... My distributor says "mitsubishi" . It does not matter, please send me pics of these "three wires" he saw , or send me as many pics of the open distributor as you can, ok?

peace,

Comment

Ya im confused. You have a 1.5l? I thougth youy may have a 1.8l

Comment

Nope torpedo, I have the famous Z5, 1.5L 1996.

Comment

odd, i'll ask them to show me pics if they got soem

Comment

Hrm. I got a dead battery they say lol! Although its new. Ok, now i'm pissedddddddddddddd. They've gotta charge the battery. So it turns out to be this way, I pay for a USED distributor, probably new battery since the batteries dead. Hrm I also pay for labor for the first shop who worked on it and I got to pay for the second shop who worked on it. The second shop was down to earth and in 2 days he told me that it had three wires although the first shop told me nothing about three wires and they had the car for 4 weeks.

Comment

dude, take your car out of there ASAP you will leave 1,000 bucks there soon!

Comment

HEh they are really pissin me off. Hopefully my teacher can get them to drop it cause I ain't payin all that for something they can't do right. They told me all he's got left is to recharge the battery and put the intake back on

Comment

Working...
                                X