X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys

Not been on for a while.

I'm about to undertake the first Z5 to first gen BP swap in the UK, and I'd appreciate your advice on the swap, got a 140hp pre cat '91 engine to go in

What's the easiest way of doing this

And, by way of info for you guys.....

I noticed several queries as to whether the KL-ZE would fit in the BHA chassis, well, theoretically, yes, a good friend of mine over here is doing a KL-ZE swap in to his KL-DE V6 323F at the moment

I know there are some small differences between the chassis you guys got, and the chassis we got, but it should be do-able

You'd need the drive train from a V6 323F which has a 5 stud hub, and the engine mounts, but I'd say defo do-able

BA Moderator - Club323F Greetings from the UK

Comment

Anyone???

BA Moderator - Club323F Greetings from the UK

Comment

LOL..ummm I wish I could help! Really, well I'm new to this site and require a little help also. I have a 1997 Protege 1.5l, my problem is that my engine light wont go OFF! I've have my car for a year and I'm the 3rd owner. I do want to give it proper treatment. I'm open for any suggestions. -Thanks
        -Rotary

Comment

Originally posted by 1.5pro97 View Post
          LOL..ummm I wish I could help! Really, well I'm new to this site and require a little help also. I have a 1997 Protege 1.5l, my problem is that my engine light wont go OFF! I've have my car for a year and I'm the 3rd owner. I do want to give it proper treatment. I'm open for any suggestions. -Thanks
          what does this have to do w/ ENGINE SWAPS?

did you swap a 1.5L into your 1.8L?
          Almost there

jdm tails... check
          jdm bumper... check
          ms lip... check
          ms grill... check
          ms sideskirts... check
          ms rear skirts... check
          ms spoiler... check
          ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
          Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Is your car slow that will tell you if it's a 1.5 or a 1.8

Comment

Umm...95pro as I said I'm new to this site. Don't need to be rude or comment. I'm here to learn and guiding myself through this forum, so excuse my mistakes! and NO. I own a 1.5 1997 mazda protege LX. no swaping, but am having an engine problem. :/
              -Rotary

Comment

So..you should uh..y'know, make your own thread.

Comment

I'ved never been in any forums. If i knew how to make one, then I would've done it already!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M NEW to ALL of THIS!!!!!
                  -Rotary

Comment

Okay well, see the button that says "New Thread" ?

Comment

Anyone have a recommended spec for engine swap for 96 protege , I know most do Kia swaps but i would like to keep the mazda pride in it , any recomends?

Comment

Originally posted by KIng View Post
                        Anyone have a recommended spec for engine swap for 96 protege , I know most do Kia swaps but i would like to keep the mazda pride in it , any recomends?

how about a ls/bp18c5 i-vvt
                        Almost there

jdm tails... check
                        jdm bumper... check
                        ms lip... check
                        ms grill... check
                        ms sideskirts... check
                        ms rear skirts... check
                        ms spoiler... check
                        ms struts... check

Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

does anyone know were i can purchase a 1.8L motor. i want to make my protege lx stronger because theres nonthing to really to do to a 1.5L motor.
                          -new protege-needz help-any suggestions-

Comment

Originally posted by loverboi2 View Post
                            does anyone know were i can purchase a 1.8L motor. i want to make my protege lx stronger because theres nonthing to really to do to a 1.5L motor.
                            search on:

that's your best bet. just verify and re-verfiy the vin#!!!!!!

1.8L engines will come from VIN#: JM1BA142.....
                            Almost there

jdm tails... check
                            jdm bumper... check
                            ms lip... check
                            ms grill... check
                            ms sideskirts... check
                            ms rear skirts... check
                            ms spoiler... check
                            ms struts... check

Comment

does anyone kno where i can find a 1.8L engine. i checked ebay but no luck. thanx.
                              -new protege-needz help-any suggestions-

Comment

Hey about that ls/bp18c5 i-vvt for 96 protege ya have any links on how I might be able to find it , was also thinkin of either having MX-6 or 93 miata 1.8 DOHC motorswap, even though mines isnt a Neo specs show ES version has same motor to that of the miata or MX-6?

Comment

Working...
                                X