question on exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbonium959
    Are you guys talking about diameter of a tip, or the diameter of the piping?
    the tip

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm....thanks for the pics.
          Yea, talking about the tip. Tryin not to be too ricey when I get an exhaust of some sort. One day.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
          Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
          I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

it isnt ricey at all really... doesnt have the metal shavings like somethat Ive found that give it that horrible noise and the tone is deep and not weedwacker like.

http://asylum24.net/car/DVmotion-001-0001A1.wav

a sound of it on the inside of the car with me screwin around. hehe

I'll go get a sound clip of it from the outside here in a sec

Comment

ok maybe I wont.... I cant find my firewire.... maybe tomorrow

Comment

Yea, I heard that one in the other post. I didn't realize this was a different topic until I looked a little bit.
                It doesn't sound/look ricey and that's what I want. It's going to be a while before I get one because the installation costs more then the muffler it self.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>

Comment

mines is 4.5 diameter ...so i guess ya c it to big ...i think its just right lol so o well

Comment

Yea, I think your wing is too big too but we're not going to go there again. I'm going to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                      Um I can go take pics real quick.. its really dirty though

http://www.alfaotto.com/store-detail...%2DXX20%2DMUF2 thats a pic of it except mine is 3" tip not 4

BRB with pics.
                      where can I get the 3" tip?

Comment

yeah , mine is 4 inches... But I did it to fill the gap in the bumper. Some people don't like it ...
                        Some people do ...
                        who cares... not me...
                        ask me again, I'll tell ya the same.
                        lol
                        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

look at procarparts... i htink they carry them.

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                            look at procarparts... i htink they carry them.
                            no, they don't
                            where'd you get yours?

Comment

hollowing the cat is fine. i did it on my exhaust. mine has a sensor behind the cat, and i get no emissions related error codes.
                              find it, **** it, forget it

Comment

Originally posted by bp 1.8
                                hollowing the cat is fine. i did it on my exhaust. mine has a sensor behind the cat, and i get no emissions related error codes.
                                Yeah but your letting toxic fumes out that hurt the environment.
                                That's why most companies advice to use a high flow cat. You can gain more power than hollowing out the car and you will have a cat that is functional also.
                                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                                X