No announcement yet.

question on exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah, a common misconception. a hollowed out cat doesnt change the air flow path of exhaust gasses. a highflow cat has the same flow pattern as a hollowed out cat. the exhaust gas on both enters a wider area, and exits into a narrower area. i dont think the hoserpower between a stock cat, a hollowed cat, and a high flow cat is enough to even change a dyno within its error margin.
    what is a difference, is hollowing out your cat because, in my case, it was clogged.

and as far as emissions go, my car probably still emits 20 times less emissions than a mid 60's vw bug thanks to modern fuel injection and advances in engine design.
    find it, **** it, forget it

Comment

I got mine locally... if you want I can see if he has any and you can send me the money through paypal and then I'll ship it to you... the thing is the guy jacked up the price to 90 (ass) so its a bit more + shipping but if thats what you want I can get it for you... if he still carries them that is.

Comment

man, those go for ~$80 on ebay including shipping... unfortunately they don't have the 3" tip... I hate local stores!!!! btw, how's that vid coming along?

Comment

vid is good. and its still sitting on the camera..... I think im gonna just do it over again and use my gf's camera since she has cord to hers taht can be found... unlike mine.... I think i'll look for it some more now

Comment

is her camera better/worse? or the same...

Comment

better lol the next thing I want to save up for in my other account(I have like 5 accounts savings, tax's for freelance work, Car, Misc, Girlfriend) so in my misc. account I want to buy the new canon a80 digital camera since my dad always has my a70...

Comment

get the G5, dude
                I swear.. it's the best **** ever (for pro-sumers like us)

Comment

i'll look into it

Comment

look here for a review: dpreview.com
                    that site is awesome. if for some reason you don't want the G5, you can do your homework and read up on whatever camera you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                      look here for a review: dpreview.com
                      that site is awesome. if for some reason you don't want the G5, you can do your homework and read up on whatever camera you want.
                      lol ,, you mean get the G3 if you can't get the G5
                      hehe, that's what I have
                      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bp 1.8
                        ah, a common misconception. a hollowed out cat doesnt change the air flow path of exhaust gasses. a highflow cat has the same flow pattern as a hollowed out cat. the exhaust gas on both enters a wider area, and exits into a narrower area. i dont think the hoserpower between a stock cat, a hollowed cat, and a high flow cat is enough to even change a dyno within its error margin.
                        what is a difference, is hollowing out your cat because, in my case, it was clogged.

and as far as emissions go, my car probably still emits 20 times less emissions than a mid 60's vw bug thanks to modern fuel injection and advances in engine design.
                        the heck did you get that from... I didn't say it changed air flow gasses...
                        It is letting out toxic fumes into the environment. It may not be so bad now, but may affect the environment latter on. Race cars do it because they are not used on a every day basis...

A high flow cat is not that expensive. You can get a universal one for cheap and have it welded on. I would much rather do this than to hollow out my cat.

You don't know what your FI engine is putting out to the environment. You don't live in the engine and I am pretty sure you haven't gotten it tested.
                        Plus you never know. There may be a damn good chance a 60's VW could run cleaner than our cars.
                        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                        X