Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i def. cut mine out and i noticed a difference and the sound is awesome

Comment

Just got back Having trouble wiping the stupid grin off my face, "on my way home" from the shop, I just drove around aimlessly, windows open, radio off for about 30 mins. The setup is great, sounds good (I'm glad the resonator is still in). I feel the difference more in throttle response than anything else, the engine definitely revs more quickly. It looks good too, all stainless, mirror finish, I have pics, just have to get them developed and uploaded. There are two things I love about the new sound: 1. It's not annoying while cruising and 2. The exhaust note fades around 4000 rpm, from the drivers seat, at high revs the sound is allllllllll motor.

Comment

Sounds good. Hurry up and post the pics.

Comment

It's gonna be saturday at the earliest, sry, don't have a digital, gotta do it the old fashioned way.

Comment

Get a digital! You're gonna love it.

Comment

lol, I just can't justify the cost. Besides, there's just something I like about film.

Comment

Digital is great and convenient. 4 Megapixels is really all you need and the qualty is pretty damn good. You also can print out all your pictures same as film but u can weed out the bad ones and save yourself money.

Plus with the film you're keepin us all in suspense. Saturdays too far.
                ED
                '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
                Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
                WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

lol, as promised. . . daytime pics:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice!

Comment

95proleila,
                      how's your exhaust set-up? meaning...
                      where are your o2 sensors located?
                      there are two o2 sensors total?
                      is one threaded into the exhaust manifold(header)?
                      is one threaded before the cat?or
                      is one threaded after the cat?
                      and the second pic in your post, is that the cat or the resonator? if it's the cat, then where's the other o2 sensor?
                      thanks any help would be appreciated.
                      i'm just trying to get a better grasp of how the 1.8L exhaust is set-up as i'm trying to mimic the factory layout with after market parts(pacesetter headers, hi flow cat & resonator), and to find out the o2 sensors locations.
                      thanks again.
                      Almost there

jdm tails... check
                      jdm bumper... check
                      ms lip... check
                      ms grill... check
                      ms sideskirts... check
                      ms rear skirts... check
                      ms spoiler... check
                      ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                      Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

I knew the answers to most of those questions about a month ago, but they've slipped my mind. It's either bruce or intruder that has extremely good exhaust schematics (they show every part, very technical). IIRC there's only one O2 sensor, after the cat, but I'm not 100% sure on that one. The second pic is the cat, I left the stock resonator in, figured I didn't need any pics of that.

On another note, I finally got some extended seat time (details in the racing section, lol), and my initial impressions seem to be correct. You don't feel the power so much with my setup, but the powerband seems significantly broader (available at lower rpms, as the BP pulls all the way to redline), the power seems to come on right around 2k rpm. Today she seemed especially quick, but I attribute this to being down near a 1/4 tank of gas (filled up and it went back to how it feels normally), but when the tank was low. . . damn, my head hit the headrest because I wasn't expecting the acceleration to be so hard. As far as the sound goes, I have trouble wiping the idiotic grin off my face every time I rev it, it's got that great n/a sound, with a little bit of crackling after I let off, absolutely sexy if you ask me. I have yet to hear it at 6k rpm from outside the car, but hopefully I will this week. Anywho, that's my editorial on the magnaflow, it gets the official jamie two thumbs up.

Comment

very nice i was looking at about that same setup for mine before i found this forum i'm wondering how it would sound on my car though, i have a smaller engine i believe i'm a new guy to all this so anything at all to tell me about my car would be great (95 pro DX) i'm not sure what motor is in mine....?
                          Jac and Jill went up the hill they planned to do some kissing, but Jac made a pass and grabbed Jills @$$ and now his front teeth are missing

Comment

Originally posted by Distractedfrog
                            (95 pro DX) i'm not sure what motor is in mine....?
                            All DX models have the 1.5L Z5 engine.
                            Only ES models have the 1.8L BP (with he exception of the Canadian LX models which also have the BP).

Comment

I think pulling the resonator of the Z5 would be a good idea (as opposed to the BP, lol). I looooove the new sound, especially on the trip down the tach after I let off, just has that burbly sound with a little bit of pop/crackle, soooooo delicious.

Comment

You have to record that. I wanna hear it.

Comment

Working...
                                X