97-98 glow reverse gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loganss
    I think only the 98 model did but I'm not totally sure about that. I have a digital odo.
    My 97 has a digital odo.

Originally posted by K Dawg ONE
    BTW, I have an LX (US ES) and I dont have a fuel light....i dont think any 2gen does?
    I have a low fuel light. :p:
    And it works!

Comment

^^Yeah, I also sell them and im Canada.
      Hell, you can buy APC at PArts SOurce, CT, etc...
      ...kdawg is actually only 45 minutes away from me

but mavrick, you wouldnt be able to pay the 35 dollars on the procarparts website... you gotta add exchange/duties/shipping/brokerage/taxes

and they regularly ship via ups, so the brokerage is gonna be ridiculous

Comment

so can i buy them from 1 of you guys !
        also , i need hvac control with A/C for my 98 protege, mine is ****ed ... i mean the overlay it's all skratched !!! it looks like **** !

Maverick

Comment

did you get my PM?

Comment

i picked up a 98 ES tach and i have a "low fuel" light
            Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
            FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
            Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

Why the hell dont I have a light? maybe the bulb is blown? I mean, I have an LX/ES....

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
              1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
              Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

I have a digital cluster in my 98 Protege LX 5 speed and it has a low fuel light
                Last edited by protegeracer; 10-03-2004, 12:52 AM.
                98 Protege LX 5speed
                ACT Street Clutch Kit w/ hd pressure plate
                Custom catback exhaust
                Custom Intake
                Proline 16x7 wheels and hanook ventus lp tires
                Custom Mesh Grill
                Clear Corner Lights
                Custom M3 LED Mirrors
                Corksport Familia Badging from 99 pro
                Custom Flip Flop Trunk
                Arospeed Gt Black Aluminum Wing
                Hose Techniques hosing kit
                Custom Valve Cover
                Ngk IX Plugs/ Ngk Plug wires
                Kenwood KDC-MP528 head unit
                2 Mtx 12'' Subs sealed enclosure Mtx 250W class D amp
                Coming Soon Erebuni Shark Style Kit

Comment

can someone take a pic of the light (or atleast point to the location of the light? This is gay.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                  1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                  Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

I have a 95 Protege LX and I have a fuel light. If you have the aftermarket gauges, it overlaps the light. Its hard to see. When you do run out, it'll be a orange light i believe in the bottom right corner. I had that light before i ran out of gas a few years ago lol.
                    Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

can someone take a pic of the light (or atleast point to the location of the light? This is gay.
                      The light goes ON as soon as the fuel hand is right over the Empty bar. I recently got a cluster with a tach, and its over 12,4K miles over my original cluster, but I could not wait and slapped it in. Also, I used to have reversable gauges on my DX cluster, but they just stopped working after a while. The only light they did block, was the Over/Drive OFF indicator. Other than that, they were great.
                      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
                        I recently got a cluster with a tach, and its over 12,4K miles over my original cluster, but I could not wait and slapped it in.
                        Why didn't you swap your own odometer cluster in so you wouldn't lose your mileage?
                        ED
                        '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
                        Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
                        WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Originally posted by loganss
                          Why didn't you swap your own odometer cluster in so you wouldn't lose your mileage?
                          Because you can't. But honestly, I did not look into that. I just swapped them.
                          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
                            Because you can't. But honestly, I did not look into that. I just swapped them.
                            Bruce and some other member have done it with the manual odometer. I have a digital odometer and I'm going to attempt the swap into a 96 instrument cluster.

Are you trying to say it can't be done with the digital odometer??
                            ED
                            '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
                            Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
                            WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

I want to buy a new set of gauges for my 97 protege SE that has a tach on it. It also has a digital odometer. You guys know any where that I can buy one? or does the 95-96 with tach fit in the 97?

Comment

I have a 95-96 gauges with tach for sale. heres the link to my thread http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...+gauge+cluster
                                95 ES
                                05 S60R

Comment

Working...
                                X