No announcement yet.

JDM Taillights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i didnt find anything wrong with the JDM harness at all, like what intruder said i just didnt see any point in disassembling the plastic trunk panels. all i had to do was lift the trunk up, unscrew the 2 screws and sliding the taillights to the right and left (depending on which one you are removing)

intruder, thats odd that you said "the orange turn signal bulb that came with the JDM tail didn't fit the US socket" cuz remember in this thread i said that i had to use the orange bulb cuz i didnt want to get pulled over., hence the not so "whiteness" of my tails.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Hold on then... Why wasn't I able to insert the orange "JDM" bulb in my US socket? Hmm... I'm too lazy to go look for the sockets now.

Comment

Here's a solution for you: LED bulbs. http://superlumination.com/otherleds.htm Scroll down to the Amber Ba15s - their replacement for the 3497, our signal bulb. It's white when off, but amber when lit.
        '98 ES - For Sale!

Comment

Originally posted by lotsacars
          Here's a solution for you: LED bulbs. http://superlumination.com/otherleds.htm Scroll down to the Amber Ba15s - their replacement for the 3497, our signal bulb. It's white when off, but amber when lit.
          Wonder how they look on the car though. Do you have a pic with them on? Having those multiple bulbs might look weird to me.
          ED
          '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
          Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
          WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
            Hold on then... Why wasn't I able to insert the orange "JDM" bulb in my US socket? Hmm... I'm too lazy to go look for the sockets now.
            intruder, i just think it is impossible for the orange JDM bulbs not fit (correct me if i am wrong). the bulbs that we use are single contact (signal lights) and double contact bulbs (park lights with either the signal or brake lights). i think that maybe you didnt push it down enough.

Mods:
            DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
              intruder, you're correct. the jdm orange bulbs will not fit in the u.s. sockets. the orange jdm bulb contact points are in different locations, making them incompatable with the u.s. sockets. it just will not fit in there.
              Almost there

jdm tails... check
              jdm bumper... check
              ms lip... check
              ms grill... check
              ms sideskirts... check
              ms rear skirts... check
              ms spoiler... check
              ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
              Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

I am right after all. Good to know.

Comment

i guess i am wrong then but just so you guys know i am using the amber bulbs that came with the JDM lights.

Mods:

Comment

bulb colors are determined by local laws. here in north carolina you have to have amber color bulbs if you get clear lenses and they have a strict law about NO blue, red and sometimes they will pull you over for purple. i also know that i was pulled over for having green lights in the liscense plate thinggy. so, basically what im saying is check with your local popos
                    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                    |.....Overnight....................| ||
                    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

in general...

up front: only white and amber/yellow colored lights.

rear: white, amber, and red only.

the actual choices between the three colors vary from state to state though. but those are the allowable colors.
                      Almost there

jdm tails... check
                      jdm bumper... check
                      ms lip... check
                      ms grill... check
                      ms sideskirts... check
                      ms rear skirts... check
                      ms spoiler... check
                      ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                      Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by lotsacars
                        that's the best way to go ...

Damn everyone is going jdm lights. I may have to take things in another direction.

p.s. I was pulled over for having red lights in the license plate holder of the protege... (duh)
                        I was also pulled over for having hyper whites in the jdm corners ...... (duh) Overseer called them Blue lights.
                        Last edited by bruce95fmla; 12-17-2004, 06:40 AM.
                        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

maybe i should watch out also, i have a red bulb on my license plate light...why cant they leave us alone.lol

JDM inspired protege with super rare mazdaspeed parts.

Comment

there does seem to be a following of these JDM tails here on the club site but compared with the total population of 2nd gen owners i think we can still safely say that we are "rare"

Mods:

Comment

JDM TAIL LIGHTS FOR 2nd Gen

Will Somebody Please Tell Me Where I Can Buy The JDM Tail Lights For My 2nd Gen. I've Been Looking Everywhere For A While And I Still Cant Find Them And The Clear Corner Lights.

Thank Yall

Comment

thats a lie.
                                I dont think you lookd at all.
                                Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                                kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                                Originally posted by HopelessCow
                                there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                                Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Working...
                                X