This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1-jspec is not illegal in Canada.
    #2-My one headlight is higher than the other on my own accord. before I took the pic, I was ****ing with them (as my car was on its way to storage for the winter).
    #3-If I COULD get the espec for the price of jspec, I wouldve. On my own, I looked into having espec lights sent over to me. They were well over $700 CDN. Non-justifiable.
    #4-Cablemirc, you said theyve been proven 'time and time again'...by who? By using the reasoning for ther other headlights such as 3gen, Nissan, Honda? You cant use the rational for another set of lights on these sets. As said before, only Patrick, Lucas and myself have the second gen jdm heads. Before I bought mine, I inquired with Pat about the lights. He said he couldnt tell a difference in the light casting. Before Luc (lotsacars) bought his, he inquired with me and I told him the same. Being that we are the only ones with the lights, any other 'proof' is hearsay and conjunctior.
    Do you even know for a fact that the 2gen EDM and JDM heads are different? Without comparing part numbers, we are just ASSUMING that they have 2 different sets. Not all cars have an application for both RHD and LHD and since neither of us three 'experts' can really tell a diff, maybe the Mazda 97/8 Protege EDM and JDM lights are one in the same?....
    My opinion is that the only reason the JDM heads cast light anydifferent is because most people were 'told' they 'did' beforehand...

No offence, but I dont car about whos the moderator or who is a mechanic or whatever. The absolute authority on 2gen JDM headlights is me, Pat (pinoy323) and Luc (lotascars). Anything else is just opinion and is not fact...just assumption.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
    1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
    Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

I'm interested

Comment

Originally posted by K Dawg ONE
        ...(snip)
        No offence, but I dont car about whos the moderator or who is a mechanic or whatever. The absolute authority on 2gen JDM headlights is me, Pat (pinoy323) and Luc (lotascars). Anything else is just opinion and is not fact...just assumption.

The picture posted showed me how they throw the light...

Just because you have a headlight in your car doesn't make you an "authority" on lighting...

Look at all people with HID kits...Are they "authorities" on the matter because they don't get flashed??

Hardly...
        "Hey look at me, I'm stupid as hell and can't even breath properly, little alone read!" - Master Shake
        2001 Mazda Protege MP3, with Flyin' Protege Turbo Kit

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

Originally posted by StuttersC
          The picture posted showed me how they throw the light...

Just because you have a headlight in your car doesn't make you an "authority" on lighting...

Look at all people with HID kits...Are they "authorities" on the matter because they don't get flashed??

Hardly...
          We are more of an authority than the people who just re-gurgitate what they've read before...

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
          1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
          Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

Originally posted by cablemirc
            do it right.
            it's the only time i've ever seen them. nice coincidence.

there is no reason not to get them, none whatsoever.
            here's a translation:

MAZDA 323 S (BA) Bj: 01/97 to 08/98 4-door Headlight on the left (or right, depending on auction) of H4 manually/electrically adjustably + NEW COMMODITY + part is European spec compliant (TUEV)/ABE is not needed. Forwarding expenses 7.50 euro Supply takes place with calculation and warranty. Dispatch takes place with the POST OFFICE AG as insured package.

electrically hieght adjustable, glass sealed h4 beams appropriate for YOUR side of the road.

shipping should be about $40 airmail.
            btw.... 1 EURO = $1.225 cents.
            add some extra for bank fees for changing your money over, and send american express international money order (from your bank)

now... no excuses. there's e-spec. buy it.

LMFAO!
            Those lights are a POS! If those are what the EDM/ESpec lights look light then that it is a TOTAL waste of money! There is no difference between those and the USDM lights. The reason for getting the JDM lights is because they DONT have a diffused look (lines across them). Also, the JDM lights have a 194 driving light too. Theres NO WAY IN HELL anyone would want to pay for those. Im going to put my money on the fact the EDM lights are the same as USDM lights (other than the lense is glass).
            Your post now drives home the point of how much more worth the money JDM lights are...
            LOL@ANYONE who wastes their money on a set of EDM lights!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
            1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

Heres a close up of my JDM versus the EDM lights...
              Attached Files

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
              1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

I appreciate your attempt to help. I never thought of using Ebay World to search for the lights.
                However, 'woop-dee-do' about electronically controlled. How often do you adjust your headlights? Waste of money.
                Spending ANY kind of money on EDM lights for the second gen is not justifiable in my opinion. They look the same.
                That being said, i can understand where you are comming from. You are a 1genner and 1g heads are like the holly grail and I know that. IF I had a 1gen, I would agree with you 100%. However, not for a second gen. EDM 1gen look different than the USDM 1gen (I know about the size diff and having to buy the corners and **** too...blah...blah...blah), but why pay $XXX.XX for something that wont improve you life in the least. I least mine look cleaner, I can see farther and more clear and they match my JDM corners.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

And again, I call myself an 'expert' in the fact the I can tell you from EXPERIENCE how the JDM lights behave.
                  YOU just read something about other JDM lights and applied that thinking to the JDM lights for a 97/8.
                  You READ that they blind drivers, shine on left, etc, etc,....
                  I KNOW that they are in fact, BETTER than USDM lights in terms of lighting quality.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                  1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

God you really know how to own people lol

Comment

lol pwnt

Comment

Edwin,
                        Although your full of all kinds of information, you yourself a ****in retard as well.
                        You got yourself so wound up over thinking about what exactly you could say to put little ol' me in my place, you completly read over my original point...
                        "97/8 JDM headlights do not NOTICABLY through light to the left."
                        Which was followed closley by...
                        "...using info about OTHER JDM lights and applying it to the 97/8 lights."
                        I must've wrote this 10 times in this thread and yet, you still use pics from a 3gen or p5 to 'prove' your point. I never disagreed about the improper casting of light on other cars' JDM heads. In fact, I acknowledged it when I mentioned about having seen the heads for 3gens, nissans and hondas. Look at the first pic you posted and compare it to mine. Yours CLEARLY throws to left while mine does only ever so slightly. I NEVER said that mine dont do that, just not very much. I even acknowledged this durring one of my first posts.
                        And as far me claiming that the EDMs and USDMs must be the same, I never said that. I merely pointed out the fact that they LOOK the same. I can not think of one person who is gonna dish out the cash, and make the effort to replace his or her headlights with a set of EDM ones for the glass lense alone when the same amount of money could be spent on a set that LOOKS better and still is much better at night. Is the light clearer with the glass? Yes, but it is comparable to that of a PROPERLY MAINTAINED USDM platic lense.
                        And dont knock me for being into the J-spec stuff because its 'tyte'. I could turn around and knock you for thinking you drive a 'BJFP' when in fact, you live in the United States and therefore drive a PROTEGE5!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                        1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

Oh the tension...Do I feel a mazdaprotegeclub.com in the future?

I do think the j-spec have better appearance. But as far as light output it seems like you guys are havin enough fun without me.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                          Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                          I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

Those lights are the same ones as our lights. They look new, but after a few years, they will turn muggy and yellow. There are two main differences between J and E specs. Jspecs have a chrome housing that can also fit a daylight driving lamp, and the focal lense. The focal lense is the part responsible of directing the light. So I think that people should still buy the J-spec light from Corksport, but swap with the focal lense from their current lights. The current lense might need cleaning and/or bleeching, but its doable. Its just not worth it paying $130 a piece for the same headlight as I have on my car right now. Now, if some one would sell E-spec clear corners, then our headlights and corners would actually macth. Otherwise, the housings on J-spec clear corners stands out when you look carefully at our cars. There, I said it.
                            "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Yes, J-specs do throw the beam to the left side, but it can be altered by the type of bulb you have and by the adjustment screws, however it will not bring it up to the same standards as the US or E-spec. When I first installed my J-spec lights, they were lighting up more of the other lane than mine. So,I went and adjusted the housings which made it a little better. Then I went and changed out the bulbs and it helped some more, however, it still isn't the same as the beam made by my original headlights.

TAKE NOTE: THIS IS COMING FROM A PROTEGE OWNER WHO HAS ALMOST HAS A FULL CONVERSION.
                              Last edited by BoostedPro; 12-10-2003, 03:45 AM.
                              1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                              MODS:
                              GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                              TO DO LIST:
                              EDM/JDM rear bumper
                              EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                              Repaint car

Comment

Easy there Edwin. What I was saying about the bulbs is, when I changed out my bulbs, I installed a set of crappy blue tint "performance bulbs." Well, as we all know, they tend to put out less light than a OEM stlye bulb (Or at least in my case this was true). Since these bulbs are in a sense "weaker" they don't project a beam that goes as far(That's what I get for going fashion over function, when my PIAA's blew, I replaced them with some $30 Pep Boy bulbs so I could have that blue tint). You know how it is, you get what you pay for. Anyway, yes, you are correct when you say that the lense design is what determines where the beam goes, but like I said, the adjustments moved the direction a little but not enough to match US or E-spec standards. Even with the adjustments, I still have people flashing their lights at me form time to time.

I realize the you have been in the Protege comunity for a long time Edwin. I'm not tryin to cause any problems, instead I was trying to back you up on what you were saying about how the J-spec lights don't aim the right way. All I was trying to say was, that even with all the adjustments I made. I couldn't get the beam to sit the right way....and why is that? Becuase like you said, "the ugly little lines on the lense are what makes the light go everywhere."

Oh, and just cuz I have the J-spec parts on my car, doesn't make me an expert. Sorry for any trouble or inconveniances(sp) I may have caused.
                                1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                                MODS:
                                GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                                TO DO LIST:
                                EDM/JDM rear bumper
                                EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                                Repaint car

Comment

Working...
                                X