No announcement yet.

E-spec vs US-spec headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slightly off topic, but does this apply to 3rd gens also?

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
      Slightly off topic, but does this apply to 3rd gens also?
      I would assume, I don't know how good or bad the lighting is on the other gens, but it sucks on the 1st gen. But, I think the general consensus is that e-spec is better no matter what generation pro you drive. Seriously tho, this is glass that never fades or yellows vs. ****tly plastic that will. But like I said, I don't know how much it would bennefit a 2nd or 3rd gen owner like it would a 1st gen.
      2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

The 3rd gen stock lights are really bright... but I've only had it for 11k miles so they might fade later. What about strength though? Would the glass be more likely to crack or break than the plastic?

Comment

From what I understand they are pretty hefty. But then, if you rear end someone there isnt much you could do either way.
          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of rocks and stuff getting kicked up.

Comment

I assume they would be fine, they seem to know what they are doing over there. Plus, I don't see why everybody would go ape**** over e-specs if it only took one small rock to shatter your dreams of lighting up the night sky with your mad tyte e-spec's!
              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Yeah, that's what I figured... oh well, I'm certainly not buying new ones until mine start fogging up anyway. I should have a few miles to go yet.

Comment

Or, buy these for your 3gen!
                  Attached Files

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                  1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                  Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

OMG! This just goes to show how unluky we 2nd genners are...

Comment

Actually, those are retrofitted..you buy the projector units from hidtech.com for about $115USD and fit them yourself. Yes, they even work on difused headlights (look at the Camry in PROJECTS)

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                      1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                      Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

Originally posted by K Dawg ONE
                        Or, buy these for your 3gen!
                        Where were you during the discussion about 3rd gen projectors? I'd like to find a set with the high and low beams separate, but DAMN those look nice. Did someone just pull apart the housing and add the projector thing in?

EDIT: Are these HID or just halogen?
                        Last edited by jnorion; 01-25-2004, 07:23 PM.

Comment

how these work is, you make the bulb hole bigger from the back and insert these projectors. You then put your regular halogen bulbs or HID into the projector units.
                          Where was I? Worrying about my own custom stuff...hehehehe

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                          1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

I just looked at the hidtech site and read some of their stuff, and I'm confused. I'm assuming you just mean buying one of the projector lenses that they have listed on the retrofit page, but once you've gotten them, then what? Can you just use the stock bulbs behind it and have it come out right? And how do you account for high/low beams? I mean, I know it would get brighter when you turn the highs on, but they describe a whole shield setup to cut off the top part, and you wouldn't have that. Would the light project everywhere, just brighter or dimmer depending on the setting?

Comment

theres alot more to it than that, you have to buy good hid bulbs, ballasts, worry about the placement of the cuttoff shields, getting everything in the proper position. you also have to address the issue of the diffracted lens, whether you sand it down smooth or get clears. My roomate got his donor projectors from an s4 and was working on a spare housing for some time but funds just became limited. Theres alot of information to be learned if you want it done right check this site out http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/216460
                              95 ES
                              05 S60R

Comment

K-Dawg was saying that you could just use your halogen bulbs for it... I don't know if I really want HID or not, if nothing else because it's illegal. But I'm curious how you could make the projectors work with regular bulbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X