No announcement yet.

E-spec vs US-spec headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, yes you can use your factory bulbs (from all that ive read and email from HIDtech)
    Basically, these go in your housings and your regular bulbs or you HID plug in.
    How to account for high/low beams? You only have one bulb now.....

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
    1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
    Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

I know there's only one bulb now, but the little shield that sticks out in front of the bulb (I don't really know how else to describe it) creates a cutoff line when you're on low beams... something to do with where the filament is placed in the bulb. If you take that shield out then what?

Comment

UPDATE:
        I got an email from HIDtech.com. The projector units i posted need to use HID units.
        They do however sell ECE units that are similar that are meant for halogen bulbs.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
        1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
        Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

is this for the 2nd gens?

Comment

it can be used on ANY gen of ANY car.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
            1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

projector headlight units?

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon
                projector headlight units?
                yeah, you buy the projector lenses, gut your headlights, retrofit the projectors inside, fit the HID bulbs inside... and hope for the best.

Comment

Yeah, like Intruder said...
                  Unless you dont have/want HID, then you get the ECE units (which are basically the same, you see them on civic projector headlights) and use regular halogen/xenon bulbsw.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                  1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

I really like the way headlights look with two projectors on each side, one high and one low. I wonder how easy that would be to work out?

Comment

but with something like this, wont our beam pattern be all screwed up, as if we just put the "hid conversions" from say... .catz ?

this was discussed in some other threads

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon
                        but with something like this, wont our beam pattern be all screwed up..
                        It will be pretty bad... unfortunately.

Comment

actually i just checked their website, apparently it will be normal
                          hhmmm..

Comment

Originally posted by K Dawg ONE
                            Unless you dont have/want HID, then you get the ECE units (which are basically the same, you see them on civic projector headlights) and use regular halogen/xenon bulbsw.
                            I couldn't find the ECE units on the website... are they just hidden somewhere or did you have to email them? I'm looking for a price and sizing.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                              I couldn't find the ECE units on the website... are they just hidden somewhere or did you have to email them? I'm looking for a price and sizing.
                              Yeah, they told me via email...the ECE units look the same as the HID ones.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                              1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

Did they give you a price list or is that also the same?

Comment

Working...
                                X