Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome

Comment

Update: Well, I got my Centerforce stage 1 clutch in. I purchased my MAF off Ebay. Im buying a wireharness and ECU this weekend. And lastly im waiting on a flywheel which should be coming soon. So hopefully if i get the flywheel in time I can start rebuilding the beast this weekend and then have it running the following week if all goes well. I will have some new pics to post this weekend aswell. Damn, i cant wait!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OCD-SPEED
        Update: Well, I got my Centerforce stage 1 clutch in. I purchased my MAF off Ebay. Im buying a wireharness and ECU this weekend. And lastly im waiting on a flywheel which should be coming soon. So hopefully if i get the flywheel in time I can start rebuilding the beast this weekend and then have it running the following week if all goes well. I will have some new pics to post this weekend aswell. Damn, i cant wait!

i would trade in that centerforce clutch for a ACT street or better. my centerforce went out on me after about 6 monthes.
        Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
        FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
        Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

you know you have to get the flywheel resurfaced right.
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Yea unfortunately i read something you posted about the centerforce sucking after i had already ordered it. Plus i didnt have enough money for a better one but i still wanted something better than stock.

Yea, Bruce i know.
            sigpic

Comment

don't worry, you can always change the clutch whenever you are ready..
              I did the same thing. I used the exedy for now.. it's oookk..
              I want the ACT next though..
              if ya don't mind me asking, how much was the CF

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

The centerforce was around 180 from planetperformance.com. Not too bad considering it can hold 30% more power and only cost 40 more than a generic clutch from autozone.
                sigpic

Comment

not bad... about 60 more than mine, but still a good deal..

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                    plus you need the MAF for the 1.8L ...
                    they are similar to the miata 1.6L I think or 1.8L .. (later model)
                    Bruce
                    Yes.....
                    MAF
                    95 miata 1.6L & Protege 1.8L is the same.
                    96 miata 1.6L & Protege 1.8L is the same.
                    97~98 miata 1.6L & Protege 1.8L is the same.

Just the MAF wire is not uniform.
                    Ford Liata 1.6L --- Mod..
                    All P&C Exhaust System,Fedear 205/45/16. WinnerPower 6 Pot Brake System,5MT,A&Z front 6kg/near 4kg Suspension kit......etc...

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                      I am using a 1996 Mazda protege es ecu. It is for an automatic. It works fine.
                      Bruce
                      ECU....
                      BMW6 18881A gray 4P 1995 (1.6L)
                      B6HY 18881 green 4P 1996 (1.6L)
                      BZT2 18881B green 3P 1997~1998 (1.6L)
                      BBTB 18881B green 3P (All Model 1.8L)
                      Ford Liata 1.6L --- Mod..
                      All P&C Exhaust System,Fedear 205/45/16. WinnerPower 6 Pot Brake System,5MT,A&Z front 6kg/near 4kg Suspension kit......etc...

Comment

Originally posted by mikachan
                        Yes.....
                        MAF
                        95 miata 1.6L & Protege 1.8L is the same.
                        96 miata 1.6L & Protege 1.8L is the same.
                        97~98 miata 1.6L & Protege 1.8L is the same.

Just the MAF wire is not uniform.
                        Those miata's don't exsist from the factory.
                        90-93 were 1.6
                        94-97 were 1.8

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                        Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                        I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

I got a MAF from a KIA and its exactly the same as 2nd Gen BP. To top it all off I got it for 15 bucks.
                          sigpic

Comment

I got the flywheel Bruce sent me resurfaced and went ahead and hooked it, the clutch, the tranny up and i should drop the engine in tonight if i can borrow an engine lift from my friend. Still waiting on word of an ecu and wire harness.. but atleast i can put my car together and get it on the ground again
                            sigpic

Comment

My friend and I worked late last night getting the engine in. Over all it was pretty straight forward and easy. Then i spent todayputting one everything like: axles, radiator, hood, blah blah blah. So now everything is together and the car is back on the ground waiting for an ECU and Wire Harness. As soon as i get the 2 i can have it running. But unfortunately the guy that was going to sell me the ecu and wire harness isnt responding to emails anymore. But the BP looks bad ass sitting in the engine bay and the car seems a hell of a lot lower. Guess its from the extra weight. Ill have pics up soon
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OCD-SPEED
                                I got a MAF from a KIA and its exactly the same as 2nd Gen BP. To top it all off I got it for 15 bucks.
                                can you get me one of those?

also, you said that you have the enigine installed. how are you going to put the wiring harness in? are you going to take the engine out again? please excuse my silly question.

Comment

Working...
                                X