No announcement yet.

Follow OCD 1.8L Turbo Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, Bruce would be the 1st for using a KIA motor.

2ndly, I would be the 1st swaping an AT to MT as well as the 1st for the GTX motor swap as well, though i haven't heard back as far as anyone's progress with the GTX swap....hmmm

Originally posted by OCD-SPEED
    Correct me if im wrong but when i get this done will this be the first BP swap in a 2nd gen using a Kia motor? Also will it be the first automatic to manual conversion in a second gen?
    Last edited by Project323; 02-24-2004, 04:06 PM.
    Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
    FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
    Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

uhh , I have a 96 mazda motor baby ....

my baby breathes strickly mazda baby ....
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

This is fairly OT but...would a kl-ze fit into a 2nd gen?

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
        Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
        I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
          uhh , I have a 96 mazda motor baby ....

my baby breathes strickly mazda baby ....

my mistake, my mistake.... bruce you have a kia ecu not motor right?...

well then nick, you got one of them. =)
          Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
          FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
          Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Project323
            my mistake, my mistake.... bruce you have a kia ecu not motor right?...

well then nick, you got one of them. =)
            Heh it really doesnt matter. I was just wondering.
            sigpic

Comment

*knock,knock* its insanity

Ok, i have officially gone insane. Let me tell you the full story here. I go off to college during the week so the only time i can work on my car or get packages is on the weekend. So 3 weeks ago on a week day at school i decide to order the final part for my car, the wire harness. I find one off car-parts for a reasonable price and purchase it to be at my house by that weekend. I get home friday, no harness. Turns out the guys never sent it....So ofcourse i go completly freakin insane because i was looking forward to that day since august. So the next week i decide to order the wire harness from a more responsible place. I find yet another one on carparts and order it to arrive on friday...I get home friday....nothing is there.... So i call the guy and he says "oh i couldnt send it till late, it will be there monday" Ofcourse this is no use to me cause even if it does come monday i cant actually get it until the following weekend. So i say ok, ok. the package comes monday and i get my girlfriend to hold on to it for me. I wait yet another week and come home Today, a day early so i could get it done by the weekend. I open the package all excited and look at the harness to realize they sent me the wrong one. I am completely ****in insane right now. I can even word how pissed off i am. and the fact that i will have to send the **** back(which will take a week) and then wait yet another week for them to send the right on drives me crazy. I cant ****in take it anymore someone kill me. ive been waiting a month and have to wait another half of a month
              sigpic

Comment

now you know why I modified my 1.5 harness..
                I have been through that same thing about 2 times and another 2 times I actually caught the problem before they sent it.
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

OK fellas here is the next saga of my wire harness quest. So i get the wrong harness. I take a good look at it and its so obviously wrong, it even said ford somewhere on it. I called the company i ordered from today and talk to the same guy i talked to when i ordered the part. I say "hey Scott, I got sent the wrong part" to which he responds, "No you didnt." Honest to god and the sad part is, he was being serious. I was like "Well, the harness i got wasnt for a 98 mazda protege, i know that much." Once again he responds with a rather intelligent "No it was for a 98." I was thinking how in the hell can you tell me what i got when i know its wrong. So once again i say its wrong and he says "No it isnt" Finally he says, "well send me pictures of how its wrong" so i said "fine" I get my camera and take some pics and send them to his email. Right away i get an auto response that says "This is an autoresponse. I will never get your message" I call him back and explain to him that his email is screwed so i send it to another email addy there. He says he will call back in 15 when he looks at the pics. An hour later no call... I call back again and ask him about the pics and he says "oh i havent looked at them yet" So i was like " Can you look at them right now???!" He puts me on hold for 5 minutes and comes back saying i lived in a nice neighborhood (a background in a pic) but fails to mention anything about the harness. He once again says he will call back in 30 when he talks to someone about it. He never calls. I call back and have finally had enough of this ****. I ask to speak to Scott and a guy says he is out getting a part and wont be back for 30! I say let me speak to your manager then. He says hold for a min and then 30 seconds later Scott gets on the phone! I was like i thought you were getting a part! Once again he says he is still trying to find out what to do and he will call back. He never does. I call this time and directly ask to speak to the manager. A guy says, "Oh he went to lunch." I said "Its 4 oclock!" He replies "oh i mean the bank". I was like whatever man. So a min later i get my girlfriend to call and ask to the manager, they said no problem and got him on the phone. at that moment i got the phone and started talking to the manager. He says hold on and leaves me on hold forever until someone just hangs it up. I try calling again to talk to the manager and they once again leave me on hold until the phone goes dead. Finally before they close i get scott to admit he was wrong and he said he will call me back when they get the right harness pulled. He never called me back and they closed! I started talking to these asses at 10am in the morning and talked on and off until they closed at 5pm. Needless to say i want to shoot these bastards! NEVER EVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM LYONS AUTO SALVAGE IN WATAUGA TN!!!! never ever have i seen such poor service and bull****. It was so obvious they spent the whole day just screwing around with me because they didnt want to exchange the wrong damn thing they sent me! I cant believe people can be this retarded. The problem could of been easily resolved in 15 min if the guy wasnt a complete ass. rather they want to spend all day dickin around and still not getting anything done!!!
                  Looks like me and the 9milly are taking a trip to tennesse...
                  sigpic

Comment

here is the pic i sent him....look at that crap! LOL
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

good luck with resolving this...
                      a truly sad story.

Comment

more pics. last one of the "nice neighborhood"
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

try attaching the pics one by one. they don't show up if you've attached several at once.

Comment

Attached Files
                              sigpic

Comment

Wow...those are some big houses around you. And that color is sweet. Those rims are pimp too
                                I hope everything gets worked out. Since I might be doing something along those lines at one point and your not tooooo far away I might be needing some help.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                                Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                                I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

Working...
                                X