• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah; seriously
    and
    xm_sleeper; that car is crying to be lowered
    | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

sanded and polished headlights to get rid of the yellow and some scuff marks. shined up the valve cover with some steel wool and WD40 cuz i was bored as hell. vacuumed. gotta replace the plugs too when i get some money.

Comment

Replaced the spark plugs about 30 minutes ago. The wire were a pita to get out, but they gave way eventually. Maybe I'll replace those next. Used Bosch Platinum +4 plugs, with the 4 electrodes intead of 1. Feels like it runs a lot smoother and revs slighty faster when I hit the gas when in neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
          Replaced the spark plugs about 30 minutes ago. The wire were a pita to get out, but they gave way eventually. Maybe I'll replace those next. Used Bosch Platinum +4 plugs, with the 4 electrodes intead of 1. Feels like it runs a lot smoother and revs slighty faster when I hit the gas when in neutral.
          did you check the gap before you installed them?
          95 ES
          05 S60R

Comment

It says on the box not to gap them. Theres 4 electrodes anyway so you can't really get a gapping tool in there.

Comment

yeah that's what I was thinking and that's also why I don't like them
              95 ES
              05 S60R

Comment

Well if I have any problems I'll let ya'll know. Measured for clearance for my sub/amp set up. Should have enough room to do what I want.

Comment

I finally finished installing the g-tranny to the z5.I havent driven on the street with it yet but i ran it up on stands to check everything .The moly miata flywheel revs way faster and i can feel the filled engine mounts.
                  Powered by ACME

Comment

Took him for a drive un and down some twisty mountain roads. Deffinitely need lower profile tires and strutbar, lol. Once I get those I think those roads will be my test course, haha.

Comment

We gotta bring this 2nd gen community back to life!!

Just installed a short ram intake, got a nice sound to it. Took it around the neighborhood and down the highway around 3000 rpm. Throttle response feels like it increased, even at 70mph I still get pushed into the seat a little bit. Cost between $50-60, not bad. Put a filter on the breather. At the moment my air temp sensor is just hanging in front of the battery, the wire is too short to do anything with. I'll figure something out, and any suggestions are welcome. I'll post pics the next time I get a chance. It's almost 9:00 in upstate NY and it's pitch black outside.

~Happy Driving~

Comment

Got some pics of the intake. Here we go...
                        Pic 1-The intake
                        Pic 2-Lonely air temp sensor
                        Pic 3-Filter
                        Pic 4-Brought to you by Spectre
                        Attached Files

Comment

that intake fits surprisingly well! Would it be difficult for you to make a descriptive writeup for other members?
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

No, it's actually extremely simple and cheap. I'll make a write up later tonight when I have time. Where should I post it? Posting it here doesn't seem like it will get a lot of exposure.

Comment

post it here

---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

DIY posted! Pics will follow as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X