Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why u sellin it? from all the pics if seen all over the site it looks like u hav quite a bit of money into it

Comment

It's all bolt-ons, except the paint. I'm going to start over with an American ES or a clean Canadian LX.

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
        It's all bolt-ons, except the paint. I'm going to start over with an American ES or a clean Canadian LX.
        Good choice!
        1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Mine is still parked in my garage and with the weather like it is here in TX, I dont see my car leaving it. Still a bit lazy checking the cause of the bit hesitation and the squeeling of belt when cold.

JDM inspired protege with super rare mazdaspeed parts.

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
            Removed the remainder of the stock intake. More weight reduction lol!

Am I the only one doing anything to the car? lol Or am I just the only posting? Wake up 2nd gens.
            Hmmm ok,here is what ive been up to.
            A while back i did a post on a possible digital dash via an lcd monitor built into the instrument cluster.
            I have scrapped this idea in favor of a car pc which will also serve as a display for MS except with Tunerstudio as tuning software.
            After playing around with various frontend programs and OS,s i decided to go with XP pro stripped down and Centrafuse to control DVD,audio,GPS,Camera,
            and Tunerstudio.Im working on integrating a 6.4 "lcd with touchsreen into the dash where the AC vents are.Pictured is the Mini PC which runs a compact flash as the hardisk in UDMA mode .Its only 4GB but i think i can make it work.GPS maps and audio/video will be available with SD card or DVD rom.Shown also is the ultra slim rom which uses no tray so that there is no interference with the shifter when it ejects.Also pictured is the mini ATX power supply which has IGN /BATT connection.Its programmable so that when the key is turned off power is retained untill the computer finishes going to sleep.The PSU also monitors battery voltage and will hibernate the system if the battery goes to low.The PSU also supplys constant voltage while cranking so that the computer does not go into nuts with high low /on off voltage .In another pic is the USB gps module and a PC cam im going to install .The audio head unit is coming out and i hope to install the PC and dvd drive to yet another "plate" (see my MS din mount plate post).SD will have access through the front.Boot time is currently 45 seconds to the centrafuse warning screen but i hope to tweak it a bit more.
            Last but not least is a pic of the bearing cap i made on the wee mill to fix the right side axle shaft issue after transplanting the g-series tranny to the
            z5 engine.The install of the tranny was fairly straight forward as it bolted up to the block ok.I used a lightweight miata 1.6 flywheel and spec 6 puck clutch.The only real hitch was the right stub axle hanger was over ~1/2 to the right when installed into the tranny.I modified the hanger with a custom cap to allow the bearing inside to move enough to use the hanger.
            The ITB,s have been put on the back burner for now but im still chipping away at that project as it will require the 1.6 headswap .
            Oops almost forgot,a screen shot of centrafuse,not mine but a generic pic.
            Its customizable to what you want.
            Attached Files
            Powered by ACME

Comment

I love your build. Now I'm all depressed because I do nothing, lol

Anyways, today I picked up an alternator to get my car going again, and some Project Mu brake pads for when I get a car with discs all around.

I've never seen the 1.8L pads, so I hope these are the right ones. The rears share their part number with the Miata, which could be good news, or bad news.

Comment

Damn Beerizfood, gettin all high tech on our asses. Sounds like a great project though.

I shoved some folded paper under my center brake light to keep it from rattling when I turn the music up. Just got too annoying.

My dad said if the engine lasts til next year we'll get it painted. A real dark blue, preferably metallic, but we'll see how the budget is when the time comes. That said, I need to get started on my front bumper. Want to cut two side vents, tuen my short intake into a CAI and possibly get some hose from the vents to the front brakes to help cool them, maybe. I also want a strut bar with two bolts at each end instead of one to make it more stiff.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by irishkev90; 10-15-2009, 09:24 PM.

Comment

That'll look nice if it turns out like your sketch.

Comment

Thanks I hope it does. Also the screws holding the license plate on are digging into the bumper. I'm hoping to incorporate that bracket, or something, into the new bumper for a cleaner, less damaging look.

Comment

the only problem with the 2nd gen usdm bumper..
                      is that the middle open piece at the bottom.. is way too narrow.. if it was wider.. then it'll look nice to plant some fogs..

as for me today..
                      i wired up some led's in my city lights.and hooked em up to my corner markers..
                      | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
                        Want to cut two side vents, tuen my short intake into a CAI and possibly get some hose from the vents to the front brakes to help cool them, maybe
                        Id spend the time elsewhere. The brakes aren't big enough to really overheat and the only time you might see some fade is if you beat the piss out of them at the track. Even then you would want to be using a different compound.
                        95 ES
                        05 S60R

Comment

i completely skipped by his post;
                          i was thinking he was gonna plant some fogs in there or something;
                          fogs off a 99ish subaru legacy Gt; wud fit sweeet in a spot the way u made that up
                          | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

I said I want to vent the brakes, never said I actually would. Just saw a how-to somewhere online one day and thought it would be cool. Might do the lights tho. Just googled them and they look doable. We'll see though. I taped off the area where I want the vents. They're going to have to be smaller than I first thought, but still look good.

Comment

Added an adapter to my intake so the temp sensor is actually doing its job now and not hanging in front of the battery. Need to make a bracket to hold everything up though, getting a little heavy for the coupler at the throttle body.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by irishkev90; 10-18-2009, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Today I changed my alternator. I don't know if the junkyard one I got will work because I can't start the car, the battery is dead and I can't push start it alone.

I also put the North American tails in and removed the strut tower bar. North American tails make the car so ugly I want to puke.

Also, I took a picture of my oilpan

tough little guy

Comment

Working...
                                X