This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
    Doesn't really matter because they're not mine. But they did help me decide that I want 16" wheels with 205/45/16 tires. And of course to lower it around an inch, maybe a little bit more.

maybe alot more!
    atleast 2 +
    to not look like a monster truck;
    | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Originally posted by E'sFactory View Post
      Firelizard, youre going back to stock USDM bumpers?
      To sell this car. I want another 98 so I'll probably keep the bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by goodorange View Post
        I think those are replica focal's

10 points for goodorange

I just googled them. Are these cars known to make an awful rattle at idle when cold? Like right after I start the car on a cold morning and leave for school, I come to the stop sign and it sounds like my hoods bouncing up and down or something. That's when in drive, if I move to neutral it stops rattling. Not really problem, just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
          To sell this car. I want another 98 so I'll probably keep the bumper.
          Good idea....

Installed the stereo system and tested everything with car running but
          only 1 amp is 2400W, so the alternator took a sh*t and killed the battery.

Im picking up a new 80AMP alternator w/ warranty to replace the old 30AMP unit and
          im installing a capacitor with at least 2 farads...
          E's Factory
          sigpic
          1995 Protege LX JSpec BPT Swap

Comment

Pulled the starter and parked it facing the right way after a call from the police..

Comment

Okay, so I vacuumed the interior and used Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant on my dash, doors, console, etc. As I was sitting in the driver's seat wiping my dash down, I get hit the back of the head with something then hear a fluttering sound. Turns out a small chickadee decided my head would be a good thing to bounce off of in order to get to the back seat. He got stuck on the read deck, so I opened all the doors and it took maybe 10 minutes to finally get the thing out of my car. He left a few drops of poo and some feathers behind for me to remember him by. I vacuumed again, then cleaned up the engine bay, wiped down some of the exterior and polished up the headlights. All in all, it was a good day.

Comment

Put a new rebuilt starter in. Now it just needs a charged battery to get it on its way.

Comment

Adjusted the headlights. Now they're actually aimed at the road and not airplanes. Does anyone know if they make headlights with a clear lens with the reflector being what aims the beam?

Kind of like this...

( I know, it's a civic, but it's the best pic I could find to show what I mean)

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
                    Does anyone know if they make headlights with a clear lens with the reflector being what aims the beam?

Kind of like this...

( I know, it's a civic, but it's the best pic I could find to show what I mean)
                    yeah mazda does. jdm's are clear
                    95 ES
                    05 S60R

Comment

And point into oncoming traffic.

But they look so awesome.

Comment

Mine already point into oncoming traffic, lol. Where can I order these? I've been looking for months but can never find them.

Comment

japan
                          95 ES
                          05 S60R

Comment

Wow, JDM comes from Japan!?

I figured, but is there a webiste where I can order these?

Comment

Not really no. Just contact a broker when you find some on a Japanese site like Yahoo! Auctions (where I got mine).

I like to use TunerLab.jp. They EMS everything though (afaik), so it's more expensive but stuff comes in a week or less.

Comment

Thanks for the info fire, I'll look into it at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X