i lowered my pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sadly im waiting for the pics of his car when this wonderful mod fails

i wonder what happend to the guy with the miata with zip ties clampin his springs together......he just stopped posting all of the sudden....hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda96Protege
      sadly im waiting for the pics of his car when this wonderful mod fails

i wonder what happend to the guy with the miata with zip ties clampin his springs together......he just stopped posting all of the sudden....hmmmm
      ohhhh yeah . . . forgot about that guy

Comment

Yeah i dont know what happend to him but havent seen him, he kinda dissappeared

Here is the thread i made about him though with pics of his setup lol

Last edited by Mazda96Protege; 04-01-2006, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Oh my god...that is screwed up....moron..
          MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

[Opens bag of popcorn 4 the What Will Strutman Do Next Show] - Not sure if the show's gonna make it for many more episodes though. I could always see reruns though. Def a good what not to do show.

Of all the time you put into doing these kinds of things couldn't you just get another job for a few months and just buy new springs n struts.

This setup is not only putting you at risk but anyone who is sharing the same road as you. Can't imagine insurance covering damages you'd cause when you changed your car like this. (Well ... I guess if you get into an accident due to your new lowering device you could knock out any witnesses, take off the clamp that didn't explode, and give some BS story about how it was the other guys fault.)
            ED
            '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
            Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
            WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

That's is cold loganss. Cold bro.

Comment

Yeah I know. I just get really pissed about people putting others at risk for bad reasons. What if he's taking a corner hard pops a clamp and hits something, or worse someone. His other mods would mostly either mess his car up or himself. This one on the other hand has the potential for messing other people up.
                ED

Comment

what if you got hit by a bus and died...

there's risk associated with everything...i could die in a fight just as well as i could die in my car or walking down the street or while at work... **** happens, **** you, etc. etc...

if you don't like it don't comment, but nothing is popping off or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by strutman

there's risk associated with everything...i could die in a fight just as well as i could die in my car or walking down the street or while at work... **** happens, **** you, etc. etc...

Yet another response that lacks common sense. I'll have to elaborate on this once I get off of work. This should be interesting .
                    ED

Comment

We're not talking about the harm you'd do to yourself, we've given up there. We're talking about the people you hit when this breaks.

Comment

who says it is breaking. find me one documented case of the mr. gasket coil spring control clamps ever breaking.

Comment

In an odd, doesn’t make much sense, kinda way I’m amazed at how you insist on coming up with your ghetto fab car modifications. Thought I’d throw in at least one sorta positive comment before I begin.

I’ve changed this statement to apply to the topic at hand. See the following:
                          What if you have a bike. Nothing fancy just an average bike. You decide you don’t really need brakes or the extra little gadgets that come with the bike. You take off the brakes, a few extra gadgets (like a light, mud deflector, seat padding), and then you have the idea of grinding some of the parts down to save even more weight. One of the bolts that hold the chain in place is real big and def doesn’t need to be that size. So you grind away at the thing till it’s smaller.

Now your bike is the ****!!! It’s quicker than the other average bikes and lighter too. One day you come across the same intersection you always come across. With your newly modified bike you should be able to zip across the intersection no prob. A bus is coming though and pretty fast though. It’s a green light but your bike is the ****, so no probs. Newly modified and all that!!!

So you go as fast as you can but as soon as your bike hits the road the bolt that secured the chain on shatters. Your bike locks up and bam!! … You’re dead.

^ that’s more like what you’re doing to your car. Or instead you replaced the bolt by the chain with some cheap universal light weight bolt

Yeah but your purposely adding more risk than you need to for very little gain. Do you have all the specs for that clamp (Max shear, torsion, etc forces/load that can be applied before reaching a breaking point)? Do you have the specs for the springs? Do you have the specs of the interaction of the spring and the clamp coupled together the way you do? That’d be a big NO!!! Any decent firm that engineered the springs or clamps adds in a factor of safety to their design. The way you are using the springs/clamps were not factored in cause it’s just plain stupid and who would do that. Ok So you've got mr. gasket clamps. Were they designed for our car? What kinds of applications were they used for?

The amount of forces you’re now applying to the lowering setup of yours is now unpredictable by anyone. You’re just going on shear luck that your system doesn’t fail.

If you don’t want comments don’t post a thread up. Nothing is popping off YET!!! Good luck having that attitude guide you through life.

Before you respond please take a few moments to think first and try and make sure it applies to the situation. (Shouldn’t have typed this much might be an electrical surge and the shock might kill me. )
                          Last edited by loganss; 04-03-2006, 07:30 PM.
                          ED

Comment

let me put it this way... i don't care what you say, the setup will not fail...laugh all you want... but it will last for years. i promise you that. you'll see...

Comment

:rofl:

Comment

now it's a bad idea and he jinxed it . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X