No announcement yet.

Lowering my 98 Protege...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3ni, to answer your question... you removed a top coil. the top coil is flattend from the manufacturer. i removed bottom coils, therefore anytime i cut a half coil or full coil i simply rotate the spring to sit in the groove at the base. the top of mine are always flat.

firelizard, it rides fine. i am not in the least bit into "performance" so to speak. this car gets driven like an old lady. ill tell you that this half coil on the front made a difference in the ride quality though. up until now it was nothing to worry about at all. now i am more cautious when entering un-even pavements cause of the impact factor, not the rubbing factor.
    check it out...
    http://www.yarilswork.com/

Comment

sorry if this pic is stupid huge, but this is the pic, from higher up in the thread..
      i see what ur talkn about..
      i think in this pic i have
      the spring upside down right?

| Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

yup. see the top of your spring, it fits nicely in that 1 part of the bottom cup thats on the strut. then the bottom of your spring is nice and flat. so that will fit nicely on the hat.

flip it, youll be happy.
        check it out...
        http://www.yarilswork.com/

Comment

i don't know y, but i'm having the most weird feeling that my springs may be mounted upside down :s, which seems weird.. because.. they wouldn't sit properly.. i doubt that i mounted em upside down though

anyone else, can verify that it's supposed to sit like that?

Comment

hey tylordurben, do you still have any connections to getting those BG 2.25"?..

does anyone have a way of getting those 2.25"?..if there are still a set out there

Comment

Call B+G and ask them.

Comment

Originally posted by bentrue View Post
                hey tylordurben, do you still have any connections to getting those BG 2.25"?..

does anyone have a way of getting those 2.25"?..if there are still a set out there

i got em from saberperformance.com .. the guy has an ebay store.. and 2 locations i believe in canada and the states

Comment

cool thx ill look into it..

:/ saber performance's ebay page's are all out, 0 items found..thx though
                  Last edited by bentrue; 01-12-2009, 09:35 PM.

Comment

cool thx ill look into it

...by the way welcome to cp
                    what do you drive?
                    nE mods..
                    and some picss maybe?

Comment

95' protege DX..
                      not much mods..but just simple things to make it look clean
                      15" borbet wheels, 2 12" JBL subs( free so i might as well put them in haha), pioneer premier headunit DEH-P700BT, pioneer premier components TS-D720C..i like my music nice and clear ...just ordered DDM tuning HID's 55 watt with 5k bulbs..

i got the car in a beat up condition and pretty much just tried to make it look nice again..

ill try getting a few pics up after i get back from snowboarding

Comment

95' protege DX..
                        not much mods..but just simple things to make it look clean
                        15" borbet wheels, 2 12" JBL subs( free so i might as well put them in haha), pioneer premier headunit DEH-P700BT, pioneer premier components TS-D720C..i like my music nice and clear ...just ordered DDM tuning HID's 55 watt with 5k bulbs..

i got the car in a beat up condition and pretty much just tried to make it look nice again..

ill try getting a few pics up after i get back from snowboarding

cooooll.. borbet has some nice wheels, and btw.. just make a new thread..so it won't crap the hell out of this one..as it has..

Comment

lol ur springs are upside down dude!
                          + you have allready cut a coil off the wrong end too?