No announcement yet.

Lowering my 98 Protege...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a little bit of play, but not enough to pull it out from inside the strut..

and just to make it clear, the picture that i posted above (post 152).. that would be upside down right..
    | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Originally posted by tylordurben View Post
      thats not cool^^^

3ni, jack up your car and look in there. like i said before the tight part goes up the loos part goes down. the tight part has a flat top the loose doesnt. go back a few pages and see my original install pics. and your good cutting off the bottom (the real bottom) cause the springs will sit in the strut cups properly.
      Sorry,is this cool enough for ya?
      If you must cut the springs,cut the top because under full droop the top of the spring compresses and the coils become "spacers" and removing them does not have as much impact as cutting the bottom ones which do "all the work".
      BTW using stiffer springs with stock struts is not a good idea because the stock struts are valved to control soft stock springs with long oscillations.
      Stiff lowering springs do not compress near as much and the strut/shock portion of the system needs to be able to absorb the change in spring rate and react to shorter movements.
      Attached Files