Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my strut tower brace - need some help now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you take the cruise control off and then put it back on over the brace if I remember right..... taht notch tahts in it is for the screw that holds the bracket that holds the cruise control...

Comment

maybe it's meant to, but it's not properly aligned.... and then the welded piece that's hodling the bracket to the bar will be in the way so I can't put the cruise control bracket on top.

Comment

hmm interesting...iono man... glad I didnt order mine..... had to buy lockin lugs... forgot to buy them for the rims...

BTW to answer your thing about my rims I brought one back to my house and snapped a few pics for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
          hmm interesting...iono man... glad I didnt order mine..... had to buy lockin lugs... forgot to buy them for the rims...

BTW to answer your thing about my rims I brought one back to my house and snapped a few pics for ya.

http://asylum24.net/car/wheels
          you already showed them to me man. in another thread somewhere, but I saw them. it was when I asked you about photoshop and how you "tinted" your windows, remember? thanks again.

Comment

oh ok my bad lol i thought i did and i thought it was in this thread and I checked and didnt see it so yea my bad...

Comment

For the love of ****. I'll take some pics of mine when I go home and post them on sunday evening.
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Alright yo, I'll appreciate it.

Comment

Cut the cruise control braket in half. Stock it has two bolt down spots, but that will not work once the bar is on. Cut the front bolt location off and just use one bolt to hold it down. Thats what i did i have never had a problem in 2 years.

Basicly cut it around the red line here.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

Alright, but then the strut tower bracket goes on the bottom, right?

Comment

yea put the strut bar down then the bolts to keep it down. on top of the corner bolt- put the cruise control bracket on then bolt it down with the remaining bolt. its easy. just seperate everything you put on with a bolt. you dont want one bolt to hold down 2 things; unless they arent important.
                      sigpic

Comment

It's not that hard to install the strut bar you know.

On the CC side, you just have to remove everything and put the strut bar down and then put the black bracket on and the CC bracket down. If there is a way to mount the CC bracket without cutting it . Then do so .. But otherwise, try and bolt it down if it will ....

Good Luck
                        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

check it out
                          Quality ain't so good, i got a ****ty camera.
                          Attached Files
                          Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

it's a little blurry but I see how you've done it...
                            thanks!

Comment

And, I might be wrong, but in the pics, it looks like you got the bar flipped around.
                              Shouldnt the nothced side be on the passenger side?

Anyways, did you figure it out yet?

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                              1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                              Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

EDIT: Wait, my bad...its not flippped...lol
                                But yeah, undo all the CC ****, put the bar on under all the ****

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                                1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                                Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

Working...
                                X