i expected it to be lower..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dodson3
    Wheels are nice, but I think they're too big for our cars. Maybe 16"s?

Comment

here is the only pic with my B+G's.. do you scrape at all? like your sidewalls with your fenders? or did you roll them.. that looks nice to me.. i hope mine will look like that when i get rims
      Attached Files
      98 Protege SE
      -------------------
      1.5L Turbo

Comment

I never scraped with my BG's .. I see what you mean though ..
        Your damn car sits high as hell. I mean if you were going to cut , I would say no more than half to a coil in the front and a coil in the rear.
        But make sure you test fit after cutting.
        Would be better if we could get shorter shocks though .
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

This is what my drop looked like just after I lowered the car.

And this is what she looks like now, almost a year later.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by turbonium959; 05-14-2004, 05:20 PM.
          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

I saw this show where they were lowering a car & they cut the bumpstop in half.why would you cut the bumpstop?I've decided to cut my springs so i get another 1"of drop.should be doing it soon.

Comment

You were watching that show that will remain nameless *cough Tuner Transformation cough* weren't you? They said it was to allow for the proper travel. . . but they're. . . yeah. . .

Comment

I think it was tuner tansformation,those guys are fags!....anybody know if cutting the springs a bit will have a dramatic affect on how the car rides?i figured i should probably ask before i go cutting.
                Last edited by dodson3; 05-26-2004, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Man even with the lowered suspension the car looks like a SUV in the rear. You guys even droped it 2.25" my Dropzone springs are gonna be only 2" with KYB GR-2 I guess it won't look lower but it might be stiffer. Oh wells. maybe...airbags? hahha low ride it. Should I get the coilovers instead for a 1-4" drop?

Comment

Here is what mine looked like before...

And this is with the coilovers afterwords.

I like em. That is with about a 2 inch drop, and im going another 1/4 - 1/2 after I install my KYB's (in about a week)

Comment

Yeah, these results aren't typical. Mine definitely looked lower after I put the H&R's in, and they're only a 1.3" drop.

Comment

Yea same here.
                        I was surprised at some of the other pictures when they said they had dropped it. I am not sure what happened.

R.

Comment

this is my car lowered with apex springs, 1.7 inchs
                          Attached Files

Comment

my pics are linked in my sig, cardomain. Actually, I have pretty good before/after wheel well shots if I do say so myself.

edit: they're on page 3 if you're lazy

Comment

Originally posted by dodson3
                              I was wondering if my springs will settle/drop a little bit the more i drive on them.i got the b&g extreme 2.25" lowering springs,kyb struts,& 17" rims on 40 series tires.I was expecting it to be lower than it is.they've been on for a couple weeks but I don't drive it much ,usually only on weekends when it's nice.[trying to keep the mileage down]
                              just so you know, keeping 40 series tires on 17 inch rims isnt keeping the factory overall diameter

those gigantic rims are making it seem like your car is so high
                              throw on the factory's and it'll be lower... and faster

Comment

B+G springs, take time...bump stoppers.

I have em in my Mazda 323, they take time to lower to the specs.

Also, make sure the correct torque was given to the long bolt that holds to the spindle. I went a little crazy in the torque and had to loosen mine cause was way off in torque specs.

Kits so low have heard need the bump stoppers to be cut or else the car instead of riding in the springs and struts will be riding in bump stoppers. Just my two cents.

But, yeah they do take time to settle.

Comment

Working...
                                X