No announcement yet.

i expected it to be lower..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the difference isn't that far from factory, within 2% give or take (depending on tire width)

Comment

95Pro, did younotice any difference with the KYB-GR2? I ordered mine last week. Should have em in, in about a week.

Comment

It is prolly due to the angle where the picture was taken. But pigeon's pro looked pretty low. Now I can't wait to get my springs. Its gonna be a 2" drop.

Comment

Originally posted by magicfox32
          95Pro, did younotice any difference with the KYB-GR2? I ordered mine last week. Should have em in, in about a week.
          It's kinda sorta difficult to say. . . since I swapped the springs at the same time. I will say this, my old struts were shot to hell. So bad that I thought I was just bad at driving stick (not smooth), but when the new suspension went in, it was sooooooooo much smoother.

Comment

im not sure if struts have an effect on ride height, but mine are all dead
            my GR2's are on order

that could be why mine look lower... but i also have 14's too

Comment

I have 14's. I don't think struts affect ride height drastically, unless you have the adjustable ones. . . too bad they're 170 each

Comment

hehe, rims always make a 2nd gen look so much better.

I have the msp shocks, but I am not sure if they have anything to do with the height of my car. I don't even bother with careing about the height of my protege anymore.

btw: I rather have those 17's than steelies. lol.
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

yeah, well I dont have a spare $800 so pbthh, lol. I wish I had money for wheels, but I just spend. . . uh, a lot on suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                    hehe, rims always make a 2nd gen look so much better.

I have the msp shocks, but I am not sure if they have anything to do with the height of my car. I don't even bother with careing about the height of my protege anymore.

btw: I rather have those 17's than steelies. lol.

um, are you making fun of my performance steelies bruce?

Comment

lol, well I dont care abou the height changes, I mean the ride quality, which you said would be smooth. Yea they told me mine were shot to hell and I needed to replace them within a month or I would be in deep doo doo. The place I got mine are on backorder....

Comment

Having bad struts isn't gonna do anything that bad. Get them from Tire Rack man! lol, they're in stock and cheaper. Right now, pretty much anything would be smoother than having bad struts, but the KYB's should smooth it out nicely, you might notice a subtle decrease in body roll, nose dive, and tail squat. Another thing to check is your strut mounts, make sure they aren't bad, because they can trash struts in a hurry if they are. But seriously, don't worry about getting it done right away, I drove on bad struts for about a year, lol.

Comment

Well im not in a huge hurry, its just that my front two struts, compress, but then they wont depress or go back out, which i heard isnt good. they are basically stuck in.

Comment

yeah, but it's not going to do huge damage. Just do it when you do it.

Comment

Working...
                            X